Steelers Free Agency
With free agency winding down in Pittsburgh and a good portion of the remaining cap space set aside for draft picks and UDFA signings, let's take a look back at the FA period that was:
1. Mychal Kendricks (ILB, 87), 5 years, 6MM/yr, 22.5MM SB, 500K RB
2. Bryan Anger (P, 87), 3 years, 760K/yr, 1M SB
3. William Gay (CB, 83), 2 years, 1.25MM/yr, 7MM SB
4. Rishard Matthews (WR, 81), 5 years, 7MM/yr, 12.5MM SB
5. Darius Butler (CB, 76), 2 years, 760K/yr, 3K SB
6. Lee Smith (TE, 76), 2 years, 2MM/yr, 1MM SB
7. Chris Polk (RB, 76), 2 years, 760K/yr, 3K SB
8. Duron Harmon (SS, 75), 4 years, 3.667MM/yr, 10MM SB
9. Allen Barbre (G|T|C, 75), 2 years, 760K/yr, 3K SB
10. Kyle Wilson (CB, 75), 1 year, 450K/yr, 0 SB
11. Matt Moore (QB, 73), 2 years, 760K/yr, 3K SB
12. Gino Gradkowski (C|G, 70), 2 years, 760K/yr, 3K SB
13. Josh Martin (LB, 68), 2 years, 760K/yr, 3K SB
14. Joey Mbu (DT, 65), 3 years, 450K/yr, 3K SB
15. Eric Patterson (CB, 62), 2 years, 450K/yr, 0 SB
16. Austin Willis (WR, 0), 2 years, 450K/yr, 0 SB
We missed out on OL upgrades as well as a blue chip WR, but feel like we should have 9 of our 11 defensive starters rated as a B or better prior to the draft starting.
On the OL, we'll have a close eye on the J.C. Tretter and Garry Gilliam situations to help us better gauge the level of need.
In general, we are pleased with how FA turned out for Steel City, and hope that when combined with this year's 10 draft picks, it's enough to bring us back to relevance.
Comments and additional functionality coming soon.
Return to DFFL Blogs