League

Michael D.

League

Post by Michael D. »

I take it this isn't going to happen this season since so much time was spent bringing the football leagues together?
AFFL Carolina Panthers
CFFL Bowl I Champions (NYG)
Goodell

Re: League

Post by Goodell »

Michael D. wrote:I take it this isn't going to happen this season since so much time was spent bringing the football leagues together?
Not sure... if happens would be after football draft when not much else football going on and perhaps using monthly stat updates and starting a month into the season or something. I haven't put 100% focus into that yet, and probably can once free agency gets rolling if not too many problems.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

I think having to use ZIPS now makes the baseball sim leagues a joke. I could put together better projections than those morons. I look forward to this league, using some form of real stats will make it much more realistic. However, I think it might be best to spend a year ironing out the details and then kicking it off next year. I'm game either way, but just don't want to overload you where it no longer is fun!
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

soonertf wrote:I think having to use ZIPS now makes the baseball sim leagues a joke. I could put together better projections than those morons. I look forward to this league, using some form of real stats will make it much more realistic. However, I think it might be best to spend a year ironing out the details and then kicking it off next year. I'm game either way, but just don't want to overload you where it no longer is fun!
I would agree.

Gradually work on it, and build it up, adding all the little wrinkles in the rule book before trying to get it up and running on the fly this year.

Maybe if you made enough progress, at some point we could view a beta version of it before it went "live" next year.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Dan R.

Post by Dan R. »

I don't have much to add to this discussion except that I agree with the idea of taking a year to iron out everything. Better to have a fully-functional league next year than to have a rushed one this year.
CFFL Houston Texans GM
Lifetime Record - 41-23 (0-2 Postseason)
Michael D.

Post by Michael D. »

How about we hold this off for another year and you can focus on maybe getting a basketball and/or hockey one going in October/November?
AFFL Carolina Panthers
CFFL Bowl I Champions (NYG)
Joe

Post by Joe »

Id vote for hockey first.... then basketball!!
Joe Militzer
Baltimore Ravens GM Affl
Cleveland Browns GM Cffl
Minnesota Vikings GM Dffl
Dan R.

Post by Dan R. »

I'd be another one for a hockey league. Not really one for basketball, though
CFFL Houston Texans GM
Lifetime Record - 41-23 (0-2 Postseason)
JimC

Post by JimC »

I'm all for basketball.
GM of:
CFFL Jacksonville
DFFL Cleveland
vikingfan

Post by vikingfan »

I would do hockey if there is an opening.