League

chiefbrody

Re: League

Post by chiefbrody »

TylerW wrote:
chiefbrody wrote:I'm already in a hockey league but would love to do baseball. Jays baby!
are there any spots in that hockey league?
We're in the off season now and there are two teams that are somewhat M.I.A. The league is

dynastyhockey.com

if anyone is interested in checking it out. I have been involved for a couple of years and introduced Joe (CFFL - Cleavland) who is now GM of the Penguins. I have the Bruins.
Denver Broncos - AFFL
TylerW

Post by TylerW »

how can i get in line to possibly be 1 of those 2 replacements?

and which 2 teams r they?
GM SD Chargers CFFL
Franchise Record: 72-23-1 (Playoffs: 4-5)
-2008,2009,2010,2011,2013 AFC West Division Champions
-2008 AFC Champions
GM NY Giants AFFL
Franchise Record: 4-44
chiefbrody

Post by chiefbrody »

First thing to do is join and get ahold of Travis (Chicago GM) as he handles new applicants. The two teams have veteran GM's so they willbe given a little more time to show.
Denver Broncos - AFFL
TylerW

Post by TylerW »

chiefbrody wrote:First thing to do is join and get ahold of Travis (Chicago GM) as he handles new applicants. The two teams have veteran GM's so they willbe given a little more time to show.
yah i made an account i just need it to be Ok'ed then ill make a post and get ahold of travis...ive been reading the boards and rules sounds like a lot of fun.
GM SD Chargers CFFL
Franchise Record: 72-23-1 (Playoffs: 4-5)
-2008,2009,2010,2011,2013 AFC West Division Champions
-2008 AFC Champions
GM NY Giants AFFL
Franchise Record: 4-44
chiefbrody

Post by chiefbrody »

It is alot of fun. Hope to see you on the boards.
Denver Broncos - AFFL
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Just an update on baseball now that the hot stove is starting to heat up in reality and baseball moves happening...

I have previously captured rosters and free agency lists at the end of the MLB season this year in case we spring up a baseball league early next year. With so many of us already in sim baseball leagues, though, I wouldn't do something just like those but taking that into a new direction to addresses some of the frustrations I have with baseball sim leagues sometimes as well as making the team building process more realistic (as is the vision with the leagues here to put fans into the actual GM seats as much as possible). I have some thoughts on that and we'll see if we can't get it going before Spring Training for those interested. More details to hopefully come later this off-season.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Andrew P

Post by Andrew P »

I would be down for Baseball and would help out in anyway
GM Record 51-19
Alex S

Post by Alex S »

I would be interested in a baseball league as well. As long as it is a simulation not a projection disk :D
Alex S

AFFL - Cleveland Browns 27-21-1
CFFL - Carolina Panthers 20-12-1
Overall - 47-33-2 (.573 win%)
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Yeah one of my biggest problems with baseball sim leagues (which I love playing and am in several) is that the results are somewhat known in advance by design. There is typically some projected statistic for every player for how they THINK he'll do next year and that's what matters most. The only variation from that in the end results pretty much amounts to whether you got lucky or not with whether your players ended up above or below their projection or escaped simulated injury. Have a player on your roster who had a breakout season? Wouldn't really matter in the simulator based upon past results. Have a rookie who looks like a major bust, wouldn't matter in the simulator if the projection was to be a rookie of the year type on paper.

However the league takes form, it would be similar to how the football league is utilizing real season statistics to fuel the results along the way where players would go up or down in the sim season based upon their real season instead of just what was expected from them on paper before the year.

Like the comments about a basketball league possibly, the player updates would either come in the form of regular updates to seasonal statistics (updating them every 2 weeks or monthly) and trying to have the player keep up with their real averages (or some adjusted version of them) or by trying to incorporate actual game logs as the season goes along on a game-by-game basis.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Michael D.

Post by Michael D. »

You know I'm down!
AFFL Carolina Panthers
CFFL Bowl I Champions (NYG)