Initial Rosters - Now or Then?

Should initial rosters be...

As they are now going into the NBA season to get things started with off-season next year.
17%
As they were at the end of the previous season with full off-season do-over (draft and free agency).
30%
Rosters as they are now except for draft picks, re-do draft only.
53%

Total votes: 30

Goodell

Initial Rosters - Now or Then?

Post by Goodell »

Basketball is still a big IF this year but while I had some time to try some things out to see if it was feasible, I wanted to see where most thought the rosters should start. I recorded the rosters at the end of the season last year so I have that, but I'm guessing that if we do get basketball up maybe not everything all at once so probably easier to take rosters as they are now, and having this first season mostly being getting a b-ball simulator in decent shape and allowing trades. Then getting everything ready for draft/free-agency after the season to go along with reality. But if most interested in b-ball wanted to have a full off-season do-over before the season, that's something that could be looked at too and tweaking the football scripts for that a bit.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Joe

Re: Initial Rosters - Now or Then?

Post by Joe »

A big IF is better than a not. Thanks for a little glimmer of hope!!
Joe Militzer
Baltimore Ravens GM Affl
Cleveland Browns GM Cffl
Minnesota Vikings GM Dffl
dinkatoid

Post by dinkatoid »

I think for you, things need to be taken one step at a time. If it would be easier to just go with teams as they are now, that would be great with most of us I am sure. We can worry about draft/free agency next season. This would most likely be a test run for the simulator anyway.
CFFL - Cheifs
AFBL - San Antonio Spurs
Royce R

Post by Royce R »

With the season coming to an end I wondered if we should get the rosters in hopes of doing a full offseason if the basketball league gets going?
AFFL - Titans GM since 2007
96 - 62 - 2 regular season
6 playoff appearances
4 division titles
2 conference titles
1 AFFL title
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

Joe wrote:A big IF is better than a not. Thanks for a little glimmer of hope!!
I agree BB hope is great!