League Start Up

Dustin S.

Re: League Start Up

Post by Dustin S. »

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

didn't know this existed til i was reading somethin on espn. i dndt read the whole thing,but some decent information form what i saw
AFFL Philadelphia Eagles GM
2008- 10-6, 0-1
2009- 6-10
2010- 10-6
2011- 12-4, 1-1
2012- 7-9
CFFL Arizona Cardinals GM
2010- 8-8
2011- 5-11
2012- 9-7
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

Let's start getting some polls up! :D
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL
JimC

Post by JimC »

When are the sign-ups going to be if i didnt already miss them.
GM of:
CFFL Jacksonville
DFFL Cleveland
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

JimC wrote:When are the sign-ups going to be if i didnt already miss them.
There will be a post in this basketball thread. Haven't gotten those up yet, had some big problems at work to resolve. Hopefully this week.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
JimC

Post by JimC »

Ok sounds good
GM of:
CFFL Jacksonville
DFFL Cleveland
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Would we be restarting free agency and draft and if we already have a football team do other new gm's get dibs over us?
thanks
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

ChrisK wrote:Would we be restarting free agency and draft and if we already have a football team do other new gm's get dibs over us?
thanks
It would be a form where anybody could sign up and list their top 3 preferences and answer some kind of tie-breaker question by a deadline date. After that time, I'd use that to try to get everybody one of their top 3 teams where the tie-breaker question answers would decide who gets the edge for top choices if multiple people want the same. GMs who have donated to the league before have the highest preference (and probably a couple teams already slotted), and we'd also have a donation option if someone wanted to secure a franchise not spoken for and didn't want to risk the tie-breakers. If too many GMs for the amount of teams, we'd either start a wait list and quickly replace GMs not as involved in that startup or think about two leagues if enough GMs. Typically when I've started a new league I have to go looking for some to fill the last spots, but not sure in this case yet if we'll have too much or too few. I'll try to get a sign up going soon and we'll see and go from there.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

I will be away much of this weekend I believe with some family in town, so early next week once I'm back will probably be a good time to look for a sign-up.
Michael D.

Post by Michael D. »

Goodell wrote:I will be away much of this weekend I believe with some family in town, so early next week once I'm back will probably be a good time to look for a sign-up.
Sorry if you feel I'm rushing you Troy, but I was just making sure you didn't put this sign up on the site and I was missing it.
AFFL Carolina Panthers
CFFL Bowl I Champions (NYG)
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

No problem. I understand and welcome the anticipation. Thought I might get to it earlier this week but had some things to do and got very little sleep the past few days and been running low. Need to get that up, though, and could be today or tomorrow.