League Start Up

Goodell

Re: League Start Up

Post by Goodell »

I'll post a link in this thread as well as other places.

It won't be a first-come-first-serve thing. People will enter their top 3 preferences. If multiple people want the same top preference, there is a tie-breaker question that will decide with who is closest to their prediction on the first NFL preseason hall of fame game on 8/8 if people want to start thinking about that (score and highest individual passing yards). That game is CIN @ DAL in Canton which should have quite a few interesting side stories to get things kicked off. Teams won't be assigned until after that game giving us a little over a week to get everybody interested signed on. http://www.nfl.com/schedules
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

I have the sign-up online now. Hopefully no problems. Let me know if any difficulties. No teams will be assigned until after that 8/8 tie-breaker and you can edit your preferences and tie-breaker answer through that time.

Sign-Up Link (you can also click Leagues or Openings above):
http://www.fangm.com/leagues.php?sport=basketball
DavidK

Post by DavidK »

one quick thing qhats going to be the deal with all the sign and trades if we dont redo, for example how the heat do not have any picks for like the next 4 years is that how it will be in the game?
Leb

Post by Leb »

DavidK wrote:one quick thing qhats going to be the deal with all the sign and trades if we dont redo, for example how the heat do not have any picks for like the next 4 years is that how it will be in the game?
I don't see how this is a question. They won't have any picks in the sim if it isn't redone.
Philadelphia AFFL
Regular season record 84-46
S10, S12, S15 NFC East Champs

Washington DFFL
Regular season record 165-61
S5, S6, S7, S8, S10, S11, S12, S13, S14 NFC East Champs
S8 DFFL Champs
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

I mentioned it still up for some discussion but the default plan is that we are going to re-do the entire off-season. How things were on the last day of last season is how we'll start. Nothing that happened this off-season so far will have any effect on our sim rosters, as we all would make our own choices about free agents and drafts independently. Whatever the team had on the last day of last season is what our sim teams would start with going forward in the sim world.
Michael D.

Post by Michael D. »

Hey Troy, I went to edit my preferences and it has me listed twice.

My preferenes should be:
New Jersey
Orlando
New Orleans

in that order, Thanks

Michael
AFFL Carolina Panthers
CFFL Bowl I Champions (NYG)
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

Troy, what's the cap gonna look like? We gonna get polls up and discuss how to work it or just gonna do the best we can?
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Nathan S. wrote:Troy, what's the cap gonna look like? We gonna get polls up and discuss how to work it or just gonna do the best we can?
May do some polls but I need to get a little more basic structure or options down first. I imagine most of the leagues will be based upon the real salary caps from the pro leagues when we can.
TylerW

Post by TylerW »

18 people already signed up. Not bad. Looking forward to playing.
GM SD Chargers CFFL
Franchise Record: 72-23-1 (Playoffs: 4-5)
-2008,2009,2010,2011,2013 AFC West Division Champions
-2008 AFC Champions
GM NY Giants AFFL
Franchise Record: 4-44
Shagg

Post by Shagg »

I signed up, maybe I can trade a little: )
E.G.K
Detroit Lions General Manager-AFFL
MSN Messenger:AFFLDetroitLions@hotmail.com:
YIM: shagg07