League Start Up

Goodell

Re: League Start Up

Post by Goodell »

No, not yet. I've done some of the initial steps to get things ready the last few seasons but not ready enough to get it started in time. Will try again this year, but also have some other paying projects that need completed first. But I was thinking this might be a good year to start with what should be a momentous off-season, or potential for that anyway with the sport planning for this big off-season for years.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

I'd love to be the Milwaukee Bucks if this went down.
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

Any idea when we might start this up?
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

I think there's a better chance that the basketball league could get up this off-season. A couple things, though.

- I am in the middle of working on another project I have to finish first financially.

- I collected all the NBA rosters (from Yahoo) at the end of the season and haven't searched much yet but would like to find more complete team info regarding players teams have rights toward (if D-league incorporated, international prospects, possibly players not actively on the court but sometimes have their contracts get dealt, etc.) at a source that was consistent from team to team. Have to finish organizing the salaries per player but luckily much less players than football.

- Still gathering some info on NBA salary cap rules and how we could build something around that. We'll probably talk more about that as the real off-season goes along and things happen in reality that we can discuss if we want to include in ours also and how. There are a lot of player options in the NBA it seemed from the last off-season when I was thinking about getting it up then, and some other complexities we'd have to figure out since we don't have real players/agents.

- Still have to finish up game simulator before sim regular season.

My guess is that we'll probably be organizing things as the real NBA off-season is going on and that we'd get our off-season (if we can) going a bit later maybe closer to the NBA season. It won't be this weekend but some weekend soon I'll put most of that time toward seeing how realistic it can be and then move toward signups at that time. For the GMs who have donated before (and a couple going above and beyond) I'll have to say thanks giving them first cracks at teams and then we'll put in a similar process as before for signing up for other openings and have tie-breaker questions, etc. But not quite yet, but hopefully getting closer soon and know more in a couple weeks once NBA off-season rumors and movement is really getting going and people excited.
dale358z

Post by dale358z »

I'd Be interested when this starts up, I'm a Huge Cavs fan (not just for Lebron though, I like Big Z and Shaq too)
DFFL-Tennessee Titans GM
Overall Record 2-0
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Another thing to think about as I start gathering some data are future picks. In the NBA there are numerous future picks that have already been traded (much more than NFL when we got started), and some of them have more complex dependencies (such as lottery protection). Assuming this list is solid (and would be great to find more resources), here are some of the future picks dealt. We'd likely to have build in more years into the future for draft pick listings, as some of these go out to 2016.

http://www.realgm.com/src_future_draftpicks.php
TylerW

Post by TylerW »

I would be willing to help get this going and wouldn't mind taking a terrible team like the Pacers.
GM SD Chargers CFFL
Franchise Record: 72-23-1 (Playoffs: 4-5)
-2008,2009,2010,2011,2013 AFC West Division Champions
-2008 AFC Champions
GM NY Giants AFFL
Franchise Record: 4-44
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

Goodell wrote:Another thing to think about as I start gathering some data are future picks. In the NBA there are numerous future picks that have already been traded (much more than NFL when we got started), and some of them have more complex dependencies (such as lottery protection). Assuming this list is solid (and would be great to find more resources), here are some of the future picks dealt. We'd likely to have build in more years into the future for draft pick listings, as some of these go out to 2016.

http://www.realgm.com/src_future_draftpicks.php

If yeah need any help i would be glad to help.
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

I would be willing to help as well. I would also be willing to make a donation for the rights of my local team OKC Thunder ;)
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Yeah, anybody who finds any information that would be useful to setting up the league data can either PM me a link or post here. Particularly some of the pieces mentioned for possible inclusion like rights to international or developmental players, as it would kind of suck to get a team who drafted an international guy high in a previous year and have him come back to be a star in reality for the team that drafted him but our sim team not being setup with those rights. The way I envison the rosters being include the active roster and then a list of guys who the team has rights on also since international assets can be important to some franchises.

Here's one list found:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/b ... index.html

http://www.draftexpress.com/