League Start Up

Nathan S.

Re: League Start Up

Post by Nathan S. »

Shagg wrote:I signed up, maybe I can trade a little: )
Shagg! Where have you been?
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL
Shagg

Post by Shagg »

Nathan S. wrote:
Shagg wrote:I signed up, maybe I can trade a little: )
Shagg! Where have you been?
I'm always around just more low profile. :)
E.G.K
Detroit Lions General Manager-AFFL
MSN Messenger:AFFLDetroitLions@hotmail.com:
YIM: shagg07
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

As we get closer to the 8/8 tie-breaker, after which we'll set the first batch of team assignments for those on the list by then, keep an eye on the team preferences.

If you are the only person who has listed a franchise as your top pick by 8/8, that team will be yours.

If multiple people want the same franchise and nobody has donated to get that team, the tie-breaker game will decide who gets the squad.

If you know you are going to be in the tie-breaker situation because multiple people have listed the same first team preference as yourself, pay closer attention to your 2nd and 3rd choices than you might have initially.

If you lose the tie-breaker and your 2nd preference is already been given to someone else (who had it as their first choice) then you'll be down to your 3rd preference which might also have been given away to someone who had it their first preference. Then you'd be left picking amongst the unassigned teams (if any) for a slot.

There is little to no chance you'd get your 2nd choice if someone or multiple teams already has that franchise as their first choice, so might be best to put your 2nd choice under an open team if you want to increase your odds of ensuring a slot.

In order to keep on top of the league and tools, I'll need to have a team also. I've factored that into the league sign-up number so far. I'll take one that isn't assigned on 8/8. If any others unassigned we'll go looking for new recruits to take those teams.

But if for example you put a very popular team as your 1st and a very popular team as your 2nd and also a popular team for your 3rd, you could find yourself out of luck if you lose a tie-breaker. The safest thing late in the week might be to switch your 2nd and 3rd favorite teams in slots where nobody has that franchise as a top favorite. That way it won't be given out already and be available as your 2nd or 3rd choice for insurance if you lose out on your first choice thru tie-breaker or someone else donating and taking that team leaving you with your secondary choices.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Michael D.

Post by Michael D. »

If we get to 30 GMs, are you gonna close sign-ups. I mean we're at 27 (28 since you have to have a team Troy) and I don't think it would be fair for one of the first 30 GMs that signed up to not at least get a team, no matter if it wasn't one of their first three preferences.
AFFL Carolina Panthers
CFFL Bowl I Champions (NYG)
Michael D.

Post by Michael D. »

Also, can somebody tell me if PayPal takes debit cards. I'm pretty sure nobody else is gonna wanna be New Jersey, but I'd like to donate to thank Troy for all the hard work he has put in this league, but I can't afford to pile up any more money on my credit cards.
AFFL Carolina Panthers
yaddleme

Post by yaddleme »

I donated for the rights to Boston
Buffalo Bills GM - DFFL
Cincinnati Bengals GM - CFFL
Washington Redskins GM - AFFL
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

Yes I believe Paypal does take debit cards (I assume your debit card has either a Mastercard or Visa logo), as they generally work as a credit card as far as online purchasing is concerned. Instead of going on credit it will just come out of your checking account via debit card.
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
Michael D.

Post by Michael D. »

soonertf wrote:Yes I believe Paypal does take debit cards (I assume your debit card has either a Mastercard or Visa logo), as they generally work as a credit card as far as online purchasing is concerned. Instead of going on credit it will just come out of your checking account via debit card.
Thanks for the help Sooner. The donation is on its way Troy
AFFL Carolina Panthers
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

We have the 30 GMs for full capacity now. People can still sign up, but to thank those who got in early those participants will not lose a spot to last minute sign-ups. I still encourage people to sign-up if they want, but it will be a wait list type situation from this point (or starting to build numbers for a second league at some point). I haven't put my username in there, but I think I have to have a franchise in order to participate in the activities and make sure things are working first hand. I'd just take whatever is left at the end.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

Wait, wouldn't you be 31? Or are you one of the people listed, just have no choices?
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL