League Start Up

dinkatoid

Re: League Start Up

Post by dinkatoid »

I do not know if this is the place, but I play in the football league dffl and I would love to be a part of the basketball league when it starts. Although, as most of us know, you almost need a phd to understand basketball salary caps and how it all works, but that just makes it more fun IMO. I am a giant spurs fan seeing as I went to school there for several years and saw a few games live (when i could afford it).
CFFL - Cheifs
AFBL - San Antonio Spurs
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

NBA Salary Cap Rules

- Use a SOFT Cap - helps allow teams to keep players without being put under cap stress
- The CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreement) just says how the salary cap works
- The Salary Cap is set by taking 51% of Basketball Related Income -57.7 Million this year

Player Contract Rules
- For minimum and maximum contracts allowed, go to: http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm and scroll down to #11
- A players maximum salary is never less than 105% the previous season

What Is Used When Computing Team Salaries?

- Salaries of active and inactive players + bonuses
- Salaries paid to waived players
- Salaries paid to retired players

Luxury Tax
- Set at 69.920 million for 09-10
- Money goes to teams in equal shares - or the league

That's good enough for right now...really confusing.
-
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL
tkienast

Post by tkienast »

I'd be interested in a team if this works out. No preference at this point, unless maybe OK City or Portland, but I could be willing to take anything.

tk
PIT GM CFFL 08-14
SB Chp -10,14
AFC N Chp - 08-10,13,14
WC - 11
08-11: 11-5, 15-1, 14-2, 10-6
12-14: 9-7, 12-4, 12-4
09: lost AFC Ch NE 23-20
10: won SB 24-7 vs NO
11: lost AFC Ch NE 21-20
14: won SB 32-20 vs DAL
Record: 83-29 (12-4 playoff) 2 SB Titles
marte010

Post by marte010 »

is there a league start up on basketball yet i would love orlando of new jersey if so but id be willing to take anybody
Royce R

Post by Royce R »

I would also do a team if possible.
AFFL - Titans GM since 2007
96 - 62 - 2 regular season
6 playoff appearances
4 division titles
2 conference titles
1 AFFL title
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

You may have noticed that the NBA season has already started... despite that I am still thinking about starting our version of that league THIS season because however we do the game simulations it will probably involve our games lagging behind the NBA season schedule and using those gathered in-season stats to generate our results. It might be a monthly thing where I grab overall statistics each month to fuel our results, or possibly even game logs for game-by-game updates applying to sim games scheduled.

I want to figure out how to have the basketball league and game simulations operate anyway this season whether we get going in December/January for doing this year or to be really ready to go when the NBA off-season comes in the summer. I'll post more about that and get more feedback if and when that's even an option in a month or so. I already captured NBA rosters as they were at several different times (before last off-season, on opening night this year) as possible options as well as possibly just capturing them again at the end of the season if we wait til next off-season to get going.

But just wanted to update you on that where I hope to spend some time on basketball league details soon for either finishing up things this year where the main activity would be deals before the trade deadline (which can be an active time in the NBA) or just getting ready for next year. I don't know yet, but my guess would probably be that I make some progress on the league setup by the end of the year to where it's a possibility and then seeing if enough GMs interested in finishing up the season with trades from current rosters. If not at that time, we'd just start up in the off-season. I have a couple paying projects to finish up before then, but hope to have more to post about this in early December.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

I initially asked to run the Thunder and would still be very interested, though I noticed a few others have since asked to run them as well. Will we do biddings to decide who gets teams that multiple GMs want to run?
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

soonertf wrote:I initially asked to run the Thunder and would still be very interested, though I noticed a few others have since asked to run them as well. Will we do biddings to decide who gets teams that multiple GMs want to run?
Yeah I'd imagine something similar to how the football teams were assigned with tie-breakers and donation options for teams with more interest.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Pajldriver

Post by Pajldriver »

i would really like the cavs, im a die hard lbj fan, if not the heat could be a choice too, maybe the bulls
DFFL Buffalo Bills
RyanM

Post by RyanM »

Is there a sign up spot for prospective GMs yet? As a native Oklahoman, I'd love to get the Thunder.
Ryan McKnight
Seattle GM - AFFL
Seattle GM - EFFL