League Start Up

Goodell

Re: League Start Up

Post by Goodell »

Player rankings is another big area to think about or research. We could incorporate player rankings like we do in the football sim for defensive players and lineman primarily. For basketball, that might be really useful if we want DEFENSE to matter at all on the field beyond a statistical measurement for steals/blocks/etc that can sometimes be misleading versus overall defense.

I belive there are defensive values in the NBA equivalent to our football madden, but not sure that will be always as readily available as the overall player figures. There are also further breakdowns of the NFL values but we've always stuck with the overall numbers because those are published and publically updated more regularly while the breakdown values in specific areas are not as much.

http://thereal2kinsider.blogspot.com/20 ... tings.html

http://www.pastapadre.com/2009/09/24/nb ... er-ratings

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... asses.html
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... Ed1E&gid=0
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
TylerW

Post by TylerW »

Thing about the D-League is some teams have multiple NBA affiliations so we would either have to have like 2 teams per D-League team or just have a set number where you can have up to 10 players or something on your "practice squad".

Not sure how updated it is but here is a page about the salary cap if you haven't seen it already:
http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q60
GM SD Chargers CFFL
Franchise Record: 72-23-1 (Playoffs: 4-5)
-2008,2009,2010,2011,2013 AFC West Division Champions
-2008 AFC Champions
GM NY Giants AFFL
Franchise Record: 4-44
Michael D.

Post by Michael D. »

I maybe a little late to the party here, but any help you need Troy, I'm willing to help out here and there
AFFL Carolina Panthers
CFFL Bowl I Champions (NYG)
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

The player rights are becoming very hard to find. You can find them for some teams, but not all teams. Also, someone had a good point. Some D-League teams are a feeder team to two NBA teams.
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL
TylerW

Post by TylerW »

It's going to be pretty hard to find certain players rights. The only thing prolly to do for guys playing overseas is just look at past drafts. Other than that I would say just make them available in our 1st draft.
GM SD Chargers CFFL
-2008 AFC Champions
GM NY Giants AFFL
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

TylerW wrote:It's going to be pretty hard to find certain players rights. The only thing prolly to do for guys playing overseas is just look at past drafts. Other than that I would say just make them available in our 1st draft.
I like that idea Tyler. Just enter them in our first draft, or at least the ones we can find. Otherwise it could get messy only knowing players for certain teams.

Also, instead of having a D-League team associated, why not just have 7 or 8 spots where you can store players. Each team would have their own "D-League" team to keep players on rather than dealing with two teams a D-League team.
TylerW

Post by TylerW »

Well a guy from the D-League was just drafted. 1st time every that has happened so I guess we should decide if those players are able to be drafted or not.
GM SD Chargers CFFL
-2008 AFC Champions
GM NY Giants AFFL
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

We wouldn't have separate D-League teams as I was thinking, just additional roster spots in addition to the active roster for "rights" to players whether international or d-league. Kind of like "retired" players on the football rosters still showing up as the team having their rights, but we'd group them altogether separate from the main roster.

I believe 2nd overall pick last yearThabeet was sent to the d-league for a while last year. The 5th overall pick played internationally, etc. Just don't want those teams with valuable players their real teams have rights get shafted in our setup.

Likely after teams assigned could probably put it on the individual team's GM to have a couple of weeks to let me know if their roster looks good and if their team should have rights to any other players not listed that they have interest in having on their sim squad.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Leb

Post by Leb »

I think it would be beneficial to leave the majority of the 'rights' finding to the individual GMs of the teams that way they have no one else to blame and will likely be more in-depth in their research than by having people generally do it.
Philadelphia AFFL
Regular season record 84-46
S10, S12, S15 NFC East Champs

Washington DFFL
Regular season record 165-61
S5, S6, S7, S8, S10, S11, S12, S13, S14 NFC East Champs
S8 DFFL Champs
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

Just incase this starts up soon, i'll be gone for the next 4-7 days.