League Start Up

Stern

Re: League Start Up

Post by Stern »

Ben C. wrote:Easy fix could be to use a different browser for each sport. Then you just have to remember to only do football in chrome and basketball in firefox. No worries about remembering to change users.
Yeah, that's a good suggestion. I do that somewhat already at work. I have to log in and out a lot during the season to get to my team too so there's another, but not too bad with a couple clicks. Thanks, good idea.
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

Any update?
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

With the NFL lockout holding everything up, it could be a good time to start this up.
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Nathan S. wrote:With the NFL lockout holding everything up, it could be a good time to start this up.
Could be, but NBA labor issues look to be worse than the NFL ones and maybe drastically different NBA salary cap and team building rules after that...
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Strategist

Post by Strategist »

Maybe we should look into baseball. :D
DFFL - DAL 09-20: 113-63 .642 (6-5) 3X DIV Champs. 6 Playoff apps. DFFL Bowl I Champs
CFFL - NYG 10-12: 34-13-1 .708
AFFL - WAS 13-19: 53-59 .473 (5-3) '14, '15, & '17 Div, '17 AFC Champs
FFFL - PIT 16-17: 45-19 .703 (3-3) '16-18 Div, 16' AFC Champs
chiefbrody

Post by chiefbrody »

There has been talk of a baseball league. I would be in for sure and call The Jays!
Denver Broncos - AFFL
dinkatoid

Post by dinkatoid »

Looks like the commish will have a whole extra year to finish out his basketball sim...
CFFL - Cheifs
AFBL - San Antonio Spurs
sgsmithy88

Post by sgsmithy88 »

Hockey Too.
We need to cover the whole spectrum
Smid
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
AFFL - Pittsburgh
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

quick question. When i chose my team i chose the Cavs because LeBron was going to be a free agent and i am a huge LeBron fan so i was hoping to resign him. I did not choose the LeBronless Cavs or what they were going to be 3 years from now. I was wondering if we could redo the team selection. I feel that some other people did the same thing.
Troy S

Post by Troy S »

ChrisK wrote:quick question. When i chose my team i chose the Cavs because LeBron was going to be a free agent and i am a huge LeBron fan so i was hoping to resign him. I did not choose the LeBronless Cavs or what they were going to be 3 years from now. I was wondering if we could redo the team selection. I feel that some other people did the same thing.
Yeah I imagine we'll have some changes there. Some of the existing signees may not be around when we start, and probably some chances to change teams.

I don't think basketball is going to happen any time soon, though, given their potentially lengthy labor issue. My hope is that whatever new rules come into play whenever they get a labor agreement that we'd be ready to start then and create our systems using those new rules. If this ends up being a lost or patial NBA season, probably the best case would be us starting at the next draft ahead of the next full season whenever they have a new long-term labor agreement and rules we can use going forward.