League Start Up

Goodell

Re: League Start Up

Post by Goodell »

Nathan S. wrote:Wait, wouldn't you be 31? Or are you one of the people listed, just have no choices?
I should be 30. I have that counter rigged to include me. Anyone who signs up after this point should have an asterisk next to their name to designate that so we can first make sure all of the initial 30 have a team if they want (and some may not want if they don't win the tie-breaker or someone donates to get their preferred team) and are active.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

Goodell wrote:
Nathan S. wrote:Wait, wouldn't you be 31? Or are you one of the people listed, just have no choices?
I should be 30. I have that counter rigged to include me. Anyone who signs up after this point should have an asterisk next to their name to designate that so we can first make sure all of the initial 30 have a team if they want (and some may not want if they don't win the tie-breaker or someone donates to get their preferred team) and are active.
That's what I thought, glad your in the league! Hopefully I have better luck vs. you in the this league unlike the AFFL with Atlanta!
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

Goodell wrote:
Would somebody who comes in after the 30 and donate get a team over others or would still just have an asterisk next to their name?
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Onyxgem wrote:
Goodell wrote:Would somebody who comes in after the 30 and donate get a team over others or would still just have an asterisk next to their name?
There's only one guy after the first 30 so far. I would have to refund the payment and mention to them that I had promised the first 30 to sign up a team if they wanted one and we wouldn't want to knock one of the original signups out.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Preliminarily it looks like mcelser has the Memphis tie-breaker (both had same winner and margin of victory, but mcelser closer on leading passer and score), and Shagg the Detroit tie-breaker by closer margin of victory with both having the same winner.

djmixer30 AFBA MEM MIA CHA CIN 28 DAL 35 Kitna 123
mcelser AFBA MEM TOR WAS DAL 24 CIN 17 - Romo 95 ***

redsoxfan31x21 AFBA DET CHA TOR DAL 28 CIN 10 - Kitna 143
Shagg AFBA DET SAC GS Dal24-Cin 21 kitna 150 ***
Stern

Post by Stern »

Hey, this is Troy/Goodell making my first post as Stern for Basketball.

I've created a AFBA forum now within the basketball section for league specific discussions. If you were signed up, you should be a member of that group and see the AFBA forum now. We'll try to keep most of our league startup discussions there so those not interested in basketball and just here for the football won't have all the basketball posts. I've created a no_baseketball group but still working on the permissions. I think we need that also because I'd still like some of the overall rules and simulation discussions to be in the general basketball forum outside of one specific league in case new leagues for basketball pop up. So if you don't like hoops, you may still see messages in those general basketball threads until I can get the no-basketball setting working.

We'll have some basketball rules discussions in more depth now that we have a full group and pretty much know who is going to be involved.
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

Stern! Sounds good!
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL
Ben C.

Post by Ben C. »

I didn't realize Stern and Goodell have the exact same body/facial features.

Can you at least change the color of the shirt on the avatar or something?

:-)
AFFL Arizona - General Manager
Regular Season Record - 174-66-1
Playoff Record - 13-12
AFFL Bowl Record - 0-2

2x NFC Champions - 2010, 2016
11x NFC West Champions - 2007-12, 2014-15, 2017-18, 2021
AFFL History
Stern

Post by Stern »

Ben C. wrote:I didn't realize Stern and Goodell have the exact same body/facial features.

Can you at least change the color of the shirt on the avatar or something?

:-)
Yeah, I still have some stuff to do related to integrating basketball avatars in general but it will include some difference for the commish there. One day into it and it's a bit confusing for me to keep up with. Think I need to limit Goodell to only seeing football threads and Stern to only seeing basketball ones and log into each frequently or build myself some kind of other view of those generally.
Ben C.

Post by Ben C. »

Easy fix could be to use a different browser for each sport. Then you just have to remember to only do football in chrome and basketball in firefox. No worries about remembering to change users.
AFFL Arizona - General Manager
Regular Season Record - 174-66-1
Playoff Record - 13-12
AFFL Bowl Record - 0-2

2x NFC Champions - 2010, 2016
11x NFC West Champions - 2007-12, 2014-15, 2017-18, 2021
AFFL History