Mel Kiper

soonertf

Mel Kiper

Post by soonertf »

How does this clown keep his job? I mainly watched the NFL channel last night, because I think they do a better job. However, every time I turned it over to ESPN, he was whining about his boy Jimmy Cluassen. Come on dude, is it the fact that you can't stand being wrong, or is the fact that you are best buds with Claussen's agent? Your non-stop whining and botching reeks of an agenda.
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
Royce R

Re: Mel Kiper

Post by Royce R »

i dont like him.
AFFL - Titans GM since 2007
96 - 62 - 2 regular season
6 playoff appearances
4 division titles
2 conference titles
1 AFFL title
dinkatoid

Post by dinkatoid »

It can not be any worse than McShay. that guy makes some dumb predictions
CFFL - Cheifs
AFBL - San Antonio Spurs
RyanM

Post by RyanM »

I've grown tired of the whole ESPN crew. Berman is grating to watch. I watched the NFL network most of last night as well & thought they did a good job. I definitely prefer McShay to Kiper anymore, but Mayock is better than both of them.
Ryan McKnight
Seattle GM - AFFL
Seattle GM - EFFL
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

I muted ESPN and just watched... while talking on sports-boards

Kiper's a moron, and his man crush on Claussen just shows how ignorant he truly is.
Leb

Post by Leb »

Mayock is the best out of the three with his analysis but with some of the comments he makes, I don't know how he is still allowed to be on television.

McShay and Kiper are just idiots. They come on and say that something will definitely happen and know exactly how a team will think and then what actually happens is totally opposite. It is actually quite comedic if you don't take it seriously.
Philadelphia AFFL
Regular season record 84-46
S10, S12, S15 NFC East Champs

Washington DFFL
Regular season record 165-61
S5, S6, S7, S8, S10, S11, S12, S13, S14 NFC East Champs
S8 DFFL Champs
vikingfan

Re: Mel Kiper IS THE MAN

Post by vikingfan »

Who watches the draft for Steve Young or Tom JAckson. Mel is the reason to watch the draft. ESPN (the eastern seaboard programming network) has lost me except for the draft. They dont Mel on enough, instead they try to cram MCWORTHLESS down your throat. AND NEW RULE, to both networks, you are not allowed to show the player on the phone!! You ruin the suspense!! God I hate that.

NFL network coverage is better but Mayock is not on the level on Mel. He is better than MCWORTHLESS.
vikingfan

Post by vikingfan »

soonertf wrote:How does this clown keep his job? I mainly watched the NFL channel last night, because I think they do a better job. However, every time I turned it over to ESPN, he was whining about his boy Jimmy Cluassen. Come on dude, is it the fact that you can't stand being wrong, or is the fact that you are best buds with Claussen's agent? Your non-stop whining and botching reeks of an agenda.

By the way, he is just pointing out how bad these guys are at their job. Mel isnt wrong, Clausen would have been the best qb in the draft if MN would have taken him. He still will play longer than Bradford. Spread offense and Brittle body. No off. line spells doom in STL.
Dan R.

Post by Dan R. »

vikingfan wrote:
soonertf wrote:How does this clown keep his job? I mainly watched the NFL channel last night, because I think they do a better job. However, every time I turned it over to ESPN, he was whining about his boy Jimmy Cluassen. Come on dude, is it the fact that you can't stand being wrong, or is the fact that you are best buds with Claussen's agent? Your non-stop whining and botching reeks of an agenda.

By the way, he is just pointing out how bad these guys are at their job. Mel isnt wrong, Clausen would have been the best qb in the draft if MN would have taken him. He still will play longer than Bradford. Spread offense and Brittle body. No off. line spells doom in STL.
I agree with you. I have found it comical at times when, say, the Eagles moved up in the 1st and they proclaimed that Earl Thomas was off the board, talking about him for five minutes only to find out their pick was Brandon Graham. But still, is there anyone here who thought it wouldn't be Thomas, given their need for a safety?

But with Clausen, I am on point with him. Not that I think Clausen's the next coming of Montana, but way too many teams passed on him. I'd say right now he's better than Brady Quinn was coming out of ND, and Quinn went 20+ picks ahead of him. Several publications had him rated extremely high (one of my favorites - The Draft Bible, had him as the 11th best player in the draft). There was no way Carolina could have imagined him being there at that pick, and because of their O-Line, with Kalil et. all, he will have a much better chance of succeeding than Bradford, who could be on his back every other play.
CFFL Houston Texans GM
Lifetime Record - 41-23 (0-2 Postseason)
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

Actually... the Rams will have a very good offensive line this year. While I don't think Bradford will be successful because of the scheme and lack of WR's... the Oline won't let him get hit as many times as Aaron "I'd rather take a sack than throw an incomplete pass" Rogers.