2010 NFL Draft Talk

Interested in joining a league or talking pro/college football with other serious fans?
Andrew P

Re: 2010 NFL Draft Talk

Post by Andrew P »

I say you go with a QB. I was against that before this year. I am a Lion fan and I hated the idea of them taking Stafford. Looking back now it looks like a good deal because he has already brought so much to this team and brings us so much hope for the future.
GM Record 51-19
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

QB's that the Rams have passed on in the past 2 years... any of those would be great picks compared to what the rams have been drafting.

Mark Sanchez
Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco
TylerW

Post by TylerW »

Bulger is THE WORST QB in the NFL but i dont think they can just get rid of him b/c of all the money they have invested in him. His SB in DFFL makes it impossible for me to deal/cut him.

Some are saying Checketts and other Blues ownership want to buy the Rams well shoot if they can do what theyve done for the Blues let them have em.

We need a QB 1st round and then a WR 2nd...Avery is an average WR that could be above average if there was another target for the defense to worry about.

They also need to get the ball more to Fells!!!!
GM SD Chargers CFFL
Franchise Record: 72-23-1 (Playoffs: 4-5)
-2008,2009,2010,2011,2013 AFC West Division Champions
-2008 AFC Champions
GM NY Giants AFFL
Franchise Record: 4-44
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

Well... this year if any would be the year to cut ties with Bulger. Take the cap hit before the cap is reinstated.

Also, with the exception of Jamarcus Russell... I agree, Bulger's as bad as it gets, no mobility, mediocre arm, medicore accuracy, and poor vision. Compile that with a bad offensive line... you get shut out twice in four games.
dinkatoid

Post by dinkatoid »

I would argue for fixing the O line before you go for a QB. This year is deep with great QBs it seems (so far at least) and normally I would say grab one, but as a Texans fan, I have seen that happen. With a bad online, you set your young kid up to just take hit after hit, and eventually it gets to them and ruins them. Detriot has pulled it off so far because they signed a few Lineman in FA to make an almost decent line that will at least give Stafford a chance. I will also say that stafford seems fairly mobile, where bradford is used to sitting behind a solid line.

I also have my concerns about Stafford, he has been ok, but his accuracy issues scare the hell out of me, especially with what he is paid. I guess the bright side is that he is not Jamarcus Russell.
CFFL - Cheifs
AFBL - San Antonio Spurs
Leb

Post by Leb »

McCoy is my QB preference as of now. He reminded me somewhat of Drew Brees last year, however, he hasn't shown much this year and hasn't looked very good at all this year. That said he's been a winning QB for four years and I think that shows a lot. Other than that, Tebow's windup looks even worse this year, Bradford has been out and is even more immobile than Bulger imo, and Snead has looked awful (also don't forget McCoy beat him out head to head at Texas).
Philadelphia AFFL
Regular season record 84-46
S10, S12, S15 NFC East Champs

Washington DFFL
Regular season record 165-61
S5, S6, S7, S8, S10, S11, S12, S13, S14 NFC East Champs
S8 DFFL Champs
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

And here I thought only the Lions talked about future drafts in October.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

Games played in college mean so little to translate into an NFL player. McCoy is a solid player on a great team... i doubt his numbers look like Bradford's at the combine.

Also, the Rams have already made attempts at fixing their Oline with the selection of Jason Smith. They could add another with a 2nd round pick next year, but I think this time they have to (and will) take a QB.
dinkatoid

Post by dinkatoid »

I knew about smith, and about some guy that keeps getting penalties for being overly emotional, but I was not sure about the rest of your line.

McCoy has been better than most think. He has really been average in the first half of games, but then come out and lit up teams for 200+ yards and a few tds in the second half. He put on a show vs UTEP 2 weeks ago. I realize UTEP is bad, but they did just beat Houston, so that says something at least.

I live in Texas and love McCoy, and think he will be a solid QB in the NFL. That being said, I'd take Bradford (even if I hate OU). Bradford's game is just a better fit for most NFL teams. McCoy is more mobile and can take off if needed, and can be a real accurate game manager. He will be a steady option for someone, but he seems more fit for a defensive squad that just needs someone to be accurate and safe with the ball. Some of you may not like this reference, but I'd compare him to Garrard (in his better moments) with a bit better of a deep ball. Garrard makes plays when he has to, but he is (especially 2 seasons ago when the Jags made the good playoff run) an accurate passer and protects the ball.
CFFL - Cheifs
AFBL - San Antonio Spurs
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

Lots has changed since we last talked about this...

With Bradford's injury and McCoy's stock falling off some... Jimmy Clausen has a real shot at being a top 10 QB. I think Jake Locker is the best NFL QB, but who knows if he's even going to declare for the draft?