2010 NFL Draft Talk

Interested in joining a league or talking pro/college football with other serious fans?
Joe

2010 NFL Draft Talk

Post by Joe »

Its been a pretty interesting year in the NCAA so far. Some guys are starting to make a name for themselves while others are being forgotten. I know its early, but what do you think of this??

With the first pick in the 2010 NFL draft, the St. Louis Rams take Jimmy Clausen!

Theres going to be a good corp of QBs this year with Bradford, McCoy, Locker and Pike, but I think Clausen is on the rise. What do you all think?
Joe Militzer
Baltimore Ravens GM Affl
Cleveland Browns GM Cffl
Minnesota Vikings GM Dffl
Jared A

Re: 2010 NFL Draft Talk

Post by Jared A »

As a rams fan, i'm begging them to draft a QB so we don't have to watch Bulger anymore.

I think they go with Bradford, or wait and draft one of the other guys in the 2nd round
Leb

Post by Leb »

I, too, am a Rams fan and I really do not want a first round QB, I do not think any of the supposed top caliber QB's (Bradford, McCoy, Snead) have shown enough or project to be quality starters without other stars around them. They need to go DT, in round 1.
Philadelphia AFFL
Regular season record 84-46
S10, S12, S15 NFC East Champs

Washington DFFL
Regular season record 165-61
S5, S6, S7, S8, S10, S11, S12, S13, S14 NFC East Champs
S8 DFFL Champs
TylerW

Post by TylerW »

Ok as we have rams fans across the board (me included) this team is just awful. If they win 1 game this year its a surprise cuz i think they are worse than the lions of last year.

I like leb dont think any of those QBs are going to be to superstars and especially w/ injuries its been hard to see them. If anyone I would think Bradford would be the best solution but he needs to be able to play soon and play well the rest of this college season for me to think hes the guy.
GM SD Chargers CFFL
Franchise Record: 72-23-1 (Playoffs: 4-5)
-2008,2009,2010,2011,2013 AFC West Division Champions
-2008 AFC Champions
GM NY Giants AFFL
Franchise Record: 4-44
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

A defensive tackle doesn't turn your team around though. If they draft a QB now... he'd be ready in 2 years. Which is the absolute earliest that they'll be remotely competitive. Also, for the amount that they will pay for a top 3 pick, they could sign a stud DT on the free agent market.

So, if they're going to just draft a DT, then trade that pick for a late first and 2nd... and sign the free agent.

Ontop of all that, they JUST drafted Carriker for the Dline... if they're not going to take a QB, then take the absolute best player available. They didn't do that this year or last.
Joe

Post by Joe »

Good point Jared, but Carriker is gettin close to being done IMO. His shoulders are already bad and you cant have a Dlineman with bad shoulders.. theyre pretty useless. The Rams cant take a dt in the draft.. their track record shows that. Free agency is the way to go!!
Joe Militzer
Baltimore Ravens GM Affl
Cleveland Browns GM Cffl
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

There's way too much risk in those early picks. I'd much rather them trade for pick/player combinations. I agree that Carriker might not ever make it, but you can't turn into the lions. Just keep drafting the same position until you get it right.
RyanM

Post by RyanM »

Bottom line is Bulger is not the answer & they know that. Yes there are dangers in drafting QBs that high, but that's what they're going to do so brace yourselves now!! I do think Bradford/Locker could be good pros - Bradford very well good be a Manning type of QB. The kid is super smart & very accurate.

And that hurts me to say BTW, as I'm an Oklahoma State alumnus!!
Ryan McKnight
Seattle GM - AFFL
Seattle GM - EFFL
Joe

Post by Joe »

I guess I wouldnt mind them taking more defensive players with Spags throwing in his opinion, but letting them go until they get it right could take forever. Carriker is done, Dorell Scott is below average at best right now. Claude Wroten?? WTF happened to that clown? The only decent player they have drafted is now a backup in Minny... Jimmy Kennedy. I think if they were to use more blitz packages, they would be ok defensively. I guess my point is Jackson cannot carry such a crappy offense. They need a qb now, then let him start in 2 years and see what happens.. they have to at least try, they arent going to find another Kurt Warner!
Joe Militzer
Baltimore Ravens GM Affl
Cleveland Browns GM Cffl
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

The Rams ownership has been dragging their feet on bulger for WAY too long. He's been at best a bellow average QB since they chose him over Warner. But, if they let him go, it's admitting they screwed up.

I'm a Bulger hater... always have been. I hope they bench him for Boller the rest of the year.