2010 NFL Draft Talk

Interested in joining a league or talking pro/college football with other serious fans?
RyanM

Re: 2010 NFL Draft Talk

Post by RyanM »

With Locker dismantling Cal for his last game of the year & given his arm strength/athleticism, I'd be surprised if he went back. Plus, he'll have a decided advantage over the class this year - unlike next year when it's likely that Mallett will declare.
Ryan McKnight
Seattle GM - AFFL
Seattle GM - EFFL
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

I'd be scared to have to depnd on any of the QB's. None of them seem to be NFL in my opinion. Everyone talked like last year's entire draft was weak overall, but I think this year might be even worse. There are really no top WRs or RBs and the QBs are suspect at best. There are some solid defensive players, but overall I think this year is going to be down.
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

See, I'm the other way... I think this class of QB's is the best class since Rivers, Manning, Big Ben...

Bradford, Claussen, McCoy and Locker are all legit 1st round selections for QB. McCoy's probably the odd man out, and falls to 2nd round. No way in the world should Tim Tebow go in the first three.
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

McCoy and Tebow have to be jumping up and down singing after hearing that Locker isn't going pro.

Locker's choice is one of the dumbest decisions I've ever heard in college football. I understand wanting to finish college, but the NFL is going to be uncapped... there's a chance in 2011 it'll be capped again. He could potentially miss an ENORMOUS payday, not to mention risking an injury/poor season that could kill his draft stock. Again, I'm all for kids going to school, but you can't turn your back on 20million just so you get to experience a senior year.
Joe

Post by Joe »

I completely agree... a lot of people were picking him number 1 for the Rams. I guess if you have a choice of staying in school or playing for the Rams, Id probably stay in school too!
Joe Militzer
Baltimore Ravens GM Affl
Cleveland Browns GM Cffl
Minnesota Vikings GM Dffl
Royce R

Post by Royce R »

Joe wrote:I completely agree... a lot of people were picking him number 1 for the Rams. I guess if you have a choice of staying in school or playing for the Rams, Id probably stay in school too!
LOL
AFFL - Titans GM since 2007
96 - 62 - 2 regular season
6 playoff appearances
4 division titles
2 conference titles
1 AFFL title
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

Joe wrote:I completely agree... a lot of people were picking him number 1 for the Rams. I guess if you have a choice of staying in school or playing for the Rams, Id probably stay in school too!
I don't care if you sent me to antartica... if I'm going #1, I'll take the 20mil or so.
RyanM

Post by RyanM »

I'm not sure waiting one year will be a huge deal money wise for him (other than the lost value of having the cash one year earlier). The earliest there will be any kind of rookie cap will be 2012, so he'll still get his $20M if he's drafted 1st next year. The uncapped piece won't affect how signing bonuses are spread through future years, so I don't agree you'll get paid more next year than in 2011. Plus, owners will be hesitant to go ape sh!t with salaries until after they decide if they're going uncapped for the long-term vs just for one year.
Ryan McKnight
Seattle GM - AFFL
Seattle GM - EFFL
Alex S

Post by Alex S »

If I was Locker I would definately go pro. Look at what happend to Bradford this year. He had the chance to go pro last year and decided to stay in school. Gets hurt early in the season, has surgery and his draft stock begins to fall. I know some experts still have him in the top 10 but I wouldn't be taking him until the 2nd round at least!
Alex S

AFFL - Cleveland Browns 27-21-1
CFFL - Carolina Panthers 20-12-1
Overall - 47-33-2 (.573 win%)
RyanM

Post by RyanM »

Alex S wrote:If I was Locker I would definately go pro. Look at what happend to Bradford this year. He had the chance to go pro last year and decided to stay in school. Gets hurt early in the season, has surgery and his draft stock begins to fall. I know some experts still have him in the top 10 but I wouldn't be taking him until the 2nd round at least!
Now that would be the reason to go for me as well. You can even point to Leinart when he didn't get hurt - he probably would've been chosen over Alex Smith at #1 & instead goes at #10 after having a good year in college.
Ryan McKnight
Seattle GM - AFFL
Seattle GM - EFFL