Crabtree signs

Interested in joining a league or talking pro/college football with other serious fans?
Jared A

Crabtree signs

Post by Jared A »

Screw him! I wish the 49ers had told him to ____ off and he was drafted in the 2nd round next year!

I don't believe in holding out. You need to come to practice and learn the team's plays. Even if you're going to refuse to play. Now, he'll be ready when? Week 15? Some team has to teach these newbies with big heads that they're not as great as they think they are.
dinkatoid

Re: Crabtree signs

Post by dinkatoid »

I doubt they will wait that long to get him on the field, they really need a spark in their passing game. They will get him in some small packages and certain plays starting in a week or two most likely and then work him onto the field more and more till he is ready to be full time.
CFFL - Cheifs
AFBL - San Antonio Spurs
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

Without knowing the plays, he will provide very little spark to the team. There's probably going to be some locker room resentment. He's not in the kind of shape he needs to be in, and he's not been trained to handle NFL corners (that are as fast as he is)
dinkatoid

Post by dinkatoid »

I agree for the most part, but you could teach him a handful of plays in a week or two and then have him just run those plays when they need it, or even just to use him as a distraction to open something up underneath. He is a big enough guy that they could always use him in an endzone fade or something and just toss up a jump ball. It is all very situational, but he could do a little while he is learning the playbook. This is, of course, assuming that he has kept in good enough shape that he can get into the swing of things without having to work a ton in that department
CFFL - Cheifs
AFBL - San Antonio Spurs
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

I see an inevitable issue here.

Mike Singletary is NOT going to put up with the primadonna escapades of Crabtree.

If this guy doesn't come in humble, and does his work, he won't even be activated for some games the rest of this year.

And this is on a team that sorely needs a WR outside of Morgan and the very old Bruce.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Leb

Post by Leb »

Hopefully this does not set a precedent for other rookies who might think they can hold out until they get the deal they want.
Philadelphia AFFL
Regular season record 84-46
S10, S12, S15 NFC East Champs

Washington DFFL
Regular season record 165-61
S5, S6, S7, S8, S10, S11, S12, S13, S14 NFC East Champs
S8 DFFL Champs
dinkatoid

Post by dinkatoid »

i do not think it will. Crabtree did not get the deal he wanted, he was the one who caved. I am really hoping that maybe Crabtree will understand that and come in a bit more humble. They were 1 play away from 4-0 without him, and I am sure if he acts up, Singletary will put his arse on the bench in no time. The contract is interesting to me because it has a team option for the final year. He has to preform up to par for 2 of the next 4 seasons, and if he does not, then the team can excercize it for only 4 million. If he does get up to par, then he gets out of it a year early. I heard the standards were pretty high for it too.
CFFL - Cheifs
AFBL - San Antonio Spurs