Time for a Mini Rant

Interested in joining a league or talking pro/college football with other serious fans?
sportznut

Time for a Mini Rant

Post by sportznut »

Guys, I run 3 teams here. My wife is sick, and it appears I might be getting sick as well.

I have numerous other things going on as well.

I can't look over every single roster to figure out what I want for the players I have on the block.

Please send me formal offers to get the ball rolling.

I will look it over as quickly as I can, but at least we'll have a starting point.

Thanks.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Nathan S.

Re: Time for a Mini Rant

Post by Nathan S. »

I like this as well. I'm guilty of it but have begun to just send offers.

My mini rant...Don't just review a trade and let it sit there. Yes or no please. It'll help others make moves easier rather than waiting on you!
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Nathan S. wrote:I like this as well. I'm guilty of it but have begun to just send offers.

My mini rant...Don't just review a trade and let it sit there. Yes or no please. It'll help others make moves easier rather than waiting on you!
I always make offers unless I'm actually talking to the person, negotiating a deal.

Sometimes I feel people are afraid to make an offer.

Basically, if I have guys on the block, I expect people to make me offers.

If I want someone on another person's block, I'm going to make them an offer.

I'm here today, but definitely illin'.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
dinkatoid

Post by dinkatoid »

Sometimes this is good, others it is really bad. I dont mind someone making me an offer, I have accepted one or two. However, do not assume that I am dumb and try to trade me a guy with a huge salary or a terrible rating and 1 year left on his contract for 2 draft picks or a good player of mine signed for several years. That will probably never happen.
CFFL - Cheifs
AFBL - San Antonio Spurs
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

dinkatoid wrote:Sometimes this is good, others it is really bad. I dont mind someone making me an offer, I have accepted one or two. However, do not assume that I am dumb and try to trade me a guy with a huge salary or a terrible rating and 1 year left on his contract for 2 draft picks or a good player of mine signed for several years. That will probably never happen.
If people send me an offer, its ALWAYS a good thing. Not necessarily an offer I'll accept, but here's my thing.

If someone PMs me, and says, "hey, who do you want for so and so, " two things happen immediately. First, I try to remember which team I have that player on, and secondly, now I have to figure out what team the person PMing has. Then, I'd actually have to do all the work on a deal when someone is interested in my player in the first place.

If someone sends me an offer, at the very least, I know you're interested, and I know which team you're offering from.

I have 3 teams here, and a number of others have multiple teams as well. Its impossible for me to remember every GM for every team for every league.

This is why I'd prefer actual offers, even if I think they're terrible.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Dan M

Post by Dan M »

sportznut wrote:
dinkatoid wrote:Sometimes this is good, others it is really bad. I dont mind someone making me an offer, I have accepted one or two. However, do not assume that I am dumb and try to trade me a guy with a huge salary or a terrible rating and 1 year left on his contract for 2 draft picks or a good player of mine signed for several years. That will probably never happen.
If people send me an offer, its ALWAYS a good thing. Not necessarily an offer I'll accept, but here's my thing.

If someone PMs me, and says, "hey, who do you want for so and so, " two things happen immediately. First, I try to remember which team I have that player on, and secondly, now I have to figure out what team the person PMing has. Then, I'd actually have to do all the work on a deal when someone is interested in my player in the first place.

If someone sends me an offer, at the very least, I know you're interested, and I know which team you're offering from.

I have 3 teams here, and a number of others have multiple teams as well. Its impossible for me to remember every GM for every team for every league.

This is why I'd prefer actual offers, even if I think they're terrible.
Sometimes, a GM may ask what you're looking for so they don't waste their time offering you players that you don't want. I have personally wasted so much time asking other teams if a particular player interests them only to have them say no and not give anymore info.

Before your next "mini-rant", maybe take into account that if someone asks what you're looking for, they're simply asking what positions you're looking to improve instead of wasting their own time. Some of us also have 3 teams, sick families, and full-time jobs and are just not interested in guessing what positions you want.
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Dan M wrote:
Sometimes, a GM may ask what you're looking for so they don't waste their time offering you players that you don't want. I have personally wasted so much time asking other teams if a particular player interests them only to have them say no and not give anymore info.

Before your next "mini-rant", maybe take into account that if someone asks what you're looking for, they're simply asking what positions you're looking to improve instead of wasting their own time. Some of us also have 3 teams, sick families, and full-time jobs and are just not interested in guessing what positions you want.
I have no idea why everyone feels the need to tell me what works for me or not. This is what works for ME, not for everyone.

This is my mini rant, dammit, not everyone else's!

:D

To expound on that a bit, this is WHAT I PREFER.

Every GM is different, and operates differently.

I get that, but I like to see offers on the table to get the ball rolling.

If you want my player(s), make me an offer.

Simple as that.

Yes, I fully realize some people will reject an offer with no explanation whatsoever, but I am not that person.

I get back to everyone, and try to get them feedback.

It doesn't mean you have to agree with me, but at least you know where I stand on something.

I'm not only talking about formal offers though. I'm talking informal as well.

I've struck a number of deals through PMs and chats as well, and the only deal actually put on the table was the one we negotiated.

If you like to do things differently, Dan, I've got no problem with that.

Just get your own damn thread, and bitch about it there.

:mrgreen:
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Dan M

Post by Dan M »

sportznut wrote:
Dan M wrote:

I have no idea why everyone feels the need to tell me what works for me or not. This is what works for ME, not for everyone.

This is my mini rant, dammit, not everyone else's!

:D

To expound on that a bit, this is WHAT I PREFER.

Every GM is different, and operates differently.

I get that, but I like to see offers on the table to get the ball rolling.

If you want my player(s), make me an offer.

Simple as that.

Yes, I fully realize some people will reject an offer with no explanation whatsoever, but I am not that person.

I get back to everyone, and try to get them feedback.

It doesn't mean you have to agree with me, but at least you know where I stand on something.

I'm not only talking about formal offers though. I'm talking informal as well.

I've struck a number of deals through PMs and chats as well, and the only deal actually put on the table was the one we negotiated.

If you like to do things differently, Dan, I've got no problem with that.

Just get your own damn thread, and bitch about it there.

:mrgreen:
You have actually been one of the GM's that I was referring to. There have been many times over the last few years that I've asked if you were interested in a particular package of players for someone on your block and you've replied with nothing but a "no thanks". I also don't like wasting my time.
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Dan M wrote:
You have actually been one of the GM's that I was referring to. There have been many times over the last few years that I've asked if you were interested in a particular package of players for someone on your block and you've replied with nothing but a "no thanks". I also don't like wasting my time.
You must have me mixed up with someone else. I have never left such a thing without an explanation unless I personally PMed the person.

The fact is I despise those who do.

Now, I'm taking my ball and going home.

You hurt my feelings.

;)
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

So, Dan...............you wanna make a deal?

:oops:
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins