Prospective GM Wait List

Interested in joining a league or talking pro/college football with other serious fans?
sportznut

Re: Prospective GM Wait List

Post by sportznut »

I know a team in the CFFL that may be available really soon.

AFFL? None that I can think of at the moment.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

Yeah, noone in the AFFL at the moment.
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL
redsoxfan31x21

Post by redsoxfan31x21 »

i guess it really doesn't matter to me, i'll take anything at this point.

let me know if you hear of one that will open up.
Franchise Record - 47-39 (3-3 playoffs)
'10 - 12-4 - AFC West Champs - 1-1 Playoffs
'11 - 14-2 - AFC West Champs - #1 AFC seed - 1-1 Playoffs - AFC Title Loss
'12 - 11-5 - AFC Wild Card - 1-1 playoffs
'13 - 2-14
'14 - 5-11
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

redsoxfan31x21 wrote:i guess it really doesn't matter to me, i'll take anything at this point.

let me know if you hear of one that will open up.
Check your new messages (upper left) about whether you'd prefer an existing league team (where draft and free agency mostly over now but trading left) or a team in a new league from scratch this summer.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
redsoxfan31x21

Post by redsoxfan31x21 »

thanks, i replied to the message.
'13 - 2-14
'14 - 5-11
jacobsaces

Post by jacobsaces »

Jacobs here, almost 15yrs fantasy experience having focused mostly keeper leagues in recent seasons. I would like something more challenging a full roster simulation based on real players.. I have only been able to get that with Madden.. Would love to take a Seattle team in any league but will take whatever is available.. cannot read the rules they will not open up?
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

I am re-writing a simplified rules with more examples but not ready yet. For now the old rules on the old message board cover most of the basics.

http://www.fangm.com/affl/forum/viewforum.php?f=9
http://www.fangm.com/affl/basics.php

If a GM decides they don't want two teams any more, it's a good time with some new GMs ready to take over teams. Otherwise we might have one opening right now but that's something I'm following up on. I plan on having another league or two start in a month or so with all teams open for mostly new GMs also.
redsoxfan31x21

Post by redsoxfan31x21 »

alright, with that one team you're looking on that could be available, ASSUMING they become available can i have them??

i don't care how bad they are or what league they're in.
'13 - 2-14
'14 - 5-11
mr_minor_hood

Post by mr_minor_hood »

I would like to join either league as the Eagles. I was referred to this league by a friend and would like to get in as soon as possible. Huge SIM fan.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

The team that drew some concern during the draft about possible replacement still has an active GM. I was able to contact them and discuss the situation. They were just momentarily slammed with work but did visit the site periodically and were fine with the default guys selected early in the draft knowing that's who they'd get.

The league is setup in a way that hopefully allows for survival of both types of GMs. The really active ones hopefully always have something going on and can get really involved in all the details with free agency always running, but for those who have something else come up that keeps them away for a bit the rules are setup to not hurt the franchises too much in that temporary absense so that the existing GM can return to active management or a new GM could be replaced later with a decent squad from auto selections.

Now that the draft and free agency are over and not a ton of activity for AFFL/CFFL until 53-man roster cut-downs, I am going to be focuses on starting up another league or two in the coming weeks. I invite all the new GMs (most of whom I have contacted via PM upon arrival) to watch for signups.

It's also possible that some existing GMs who have multiple teams could drop a team, but for time being I don't believe there are any active openings until we'll have a ton of new openings with a new league where most GMs will be new and on the same level. I just need to gear up some of the rules/instructions for new GMs to get up to speed quickly and do some recruiting once I have the sign-ups in place.

I'll be concentrating on that to get going soon with some new prospective players showing up, and as well look at discussions on other sport setups along with some further testing of the football game simulator to improve upon that for the fall season. I plan on devoting a couple weeks to that where we throw several different scenarios into the simulator and our expected results to measure if it is functioning as expected or ways to improve the results based upon different variable changes.