2009 NFL Draft Talk

Interested in joining a league or talking pro/college football with other serious fans?
Jared A

Re: 2009 NFL Draft Talk

Post by Jared A »

Wells going all the way to the Cardinals is crazy! He's a beast....

Tim Hightower's gotta be pissed. That pretty much kills his chance of getting the starting gig this year.
Michael D.

Post by Michael D. »

I'm pissed. I just traded for Hightower.
AFFL Carolina Panthers
CFFL Bowl I Champions (NYG)
RyanM

Post by RyanM »

Almost every team in the NFL is moving towards a two headed monster at the RB position. The sim doesn't seem to punish you too much by having a RB that splits carries.
Ryan McKnight
Seattle GM - AFFL
Seattle GM - EFFL
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

Some very intriguing picks in the 1st round. It'll be interesting to see how closely our draft follows. All I know is I'm ready for tomorrow to get here so I can make some picks!
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
Troy S

Post by Troy S »

McFadden didn't take all the carries away in OAK last year. Mendenhall got hurt but even before then wasn't going to take all of Parker's carries away. I think Hightower is more in control of his future. If he runs like the first half of last year, he'll continue to get playing time and probably start the year as the 1A if running well. But if he struggles, he won't. Wells being a first rounder will get more benefit of the doubt especially further into the future, but he has injury history also and AZ has had some higher round running backs that haven't panned out.

I think we'll only see more and more of the split committee approaches with depth being more and more important, especially if they go to more regular season games and more risk of needing someone else who can be the main guy at some point. Most every RB will have a sidekick who takes some carries. For most teams, they'll likely go with who is running the best at that time if they want to win games.