2009 NFL Draft Talk

Interested in joining a league or talking pro/college football with other serious fans?
Nathan S.

2009 NFL Draft Talk

Post by Nathan S. »

Pretty sure this is where this goes. What are you guys all thinking for your team. Personally, I hope Packers either trade down a bit (Texans or NE) or take a Tackle. The paper says Crabtree, but we already got a solid WR core.
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL
Troy S

Re: 2009 NFL Draft Talk

Post by Troy S »

For Denver, it's got to be all defense with their 2 first rounders, but I could also see them grabing a RB with lower first or 2nd and a WR in the upper half of their draft also. Otherwise, defense... defense... defense...

I'd like to see us jump up from 12 if an impact defender was slipping, and could also see them trading down from their 18th if not a lot of differentiation there.

For some of the contenders I don't really get not giving up a lower first rounder and a bit more for a proven star like Boldin, although you'd have to really pay him a lot too but better money to an elite player than rolling the dice on a big rookie contract.
Ben C.

Post by Ben C. »

Interesting draft so far. My draft board has been quite off target, but that's why I have the NFL draft results play a 25% role in my final player rankings.

Glad to see my Packers take Raji. Can't believe he fell that far - though I'm even more shocked that Crabtree fell to the 49ers at 10 (not really surprised at Al Davis's idiot pick of Heyward-Bey instead).
AFFL Arizona - General Manager
Regular Season Record - 174-66-1
Playoff Record - 13-12
AFFL Bowl Record - 0-2

2x NFC Champions - 2010, 2016
11x NFC West Champions - 2007-12, 2014-15, 2017-18, 2021
AFFL History
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

Ben C. wrote:Glad to see my Packers take Raji. Can't believe he fell that far - though I'm even more shocked that Crabtree fell to the 49ers at 10 (not really surprised at Al Davis's idiot pick of Heyward-Bey instead).
Well I was thinking the Packers were gonna take Crabtree actually. Glad we got Raji as well.
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

I think the Packers goofed... they had Raji in their sights the whole time. But, when Crabtree falls to you, you have to take him.

More proof that the Oakland Raiders are currently the worst professional sports franchise.
Dan R.

Post by Dan R. »

I was stunned at Oakland, but knowing Al Davis, I probably shouldn't have been.

As for my Eagles...I don't know about Maclin - I think he fits the West Coast system, but I'd rather have had Donald Brown. Here's hoping we somehow grab LeSean McCoy in the 2nd
CFFL Houston Texans GM
Lifetime Record - 41-23 (0-2 Postseason)
RyanM

Post by RyanM »

I was surprised by Heyward-Bey like everyone else. If you're in love with speed Al, at least take Maclin & get some return ability as well.

Philly surprised me in that they traded up two spots to get Maclin - didn't really see the risk of someone else moving up to there or Detroit taking him.

Detroit SHOCKED me by not taking Oher at 20. I'm an Oklahoma State grad & I like Pettigrew, but Detroit's line is a mess.
Ryan McKnight
Seattle GM - AFFL
Seattle GM - EFFL
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

I disagree... I think the Lions could've taken him. While they probably got the better player in Pettigrew... Maclin had to have been on their board. They clearly were looking for something to help Stafford immediately.
vikingfan

Post by vikingfan »

Jared A wrote:I think the Packers goofed... they had Raji in their sights the whole time. But, when Crabtree falls to you, you have to take him.

More proof that the Oakland Raiders are currently the worst professional sports franchise.

At least your team didnt take TED GINN ON DOPE. otherwise known as Harvin. Good god, I should run the draft!!
Dan R.

Post by Dan R. »

NICE!

Eagles grab Westbrook Jr., LeSean McCoy. Not only is this move much needed, it makes Maclin look like a better pick now. I love it when the Eagles actually do something they should :lol:
CFFL Houston Texans GM
Lifetime Record - 41-23 (0-2 Postseason)