Want To Be A Owner?

Interested in joining a league or talking pro/college football with other serious fans?
soonertf

Re: Want To Be A Owner?

Post by soonertf »

I don't wan tin the new league, but would love to donate some money to the cost of these leagues and the time you put into them. Is there a Paypal link to send the money to? I'm sure it's been posted before, but I can't seem to find one,
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Thanks guys. I'll put a donation link up, and be extremely grateful but also want to emphasize that these are free leagues to play. In the future we'll probably try to grow things and expand into some business avenues for additional pay services or build a larger network of integrated sites, but I hope to always have some free leagues and hopefully more and more people coming to them to play.

http://www.fangm.com/donate.php

Thanks!
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

DFFL Update

Post by Goodell »

Just an update on the DFFL...

We are at 24 teams now. Still some previously interested new GMs haven't returned my email, but hopefully a couple of them find their way back after expressing interest in a new league before. I'll try to contact again.

The tie-breaker game is Thursday night. We'll assign initial teams after that game if tie-breakers needed.

After that, unless an influx of players today and tomorrow, we'll probably have a couple teams still left to fill. I'll target fan bases of those specific teams to find hardcore fans of that franchise who'd want to take over an open team left on the board. So by the upcoming weekend we should be all full.

I don't think we'll do another football league until next off-season (although it would be great if we had to with a ton of new players wanting to join up sooner) so this could be the last chance for a while for getting a football franchise here. So if you know any fantasy football buddies who'd like to step it up into something more real, send them our way before Thursday night.

I'll setup the DFFL area of the message board with team assignments and get the rosters up this weekend. If you want a head start, just go back to how your franchise looked prior to this past off-season a couple months ago to think about what you'd do different in an off-season do-over.

I am hopeful that we can launch into free agency next week if we can get the league full before then, and maybe a faster college draft right before NFL week 1 to get into league play on time. If we can't get things going that quickly, not too much harm in playing catch-up the first few weeks.

Thanks
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

Sweet sounds good! Any idea when the roster pages will be up (even without agent assignments)?
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Hoping teams can look over their rosters by the weekend and more info posted tomorrow in DFFL area. We have three tie-breaker situations.

PHI: Dan R., mr_minor_hood
Dan R. - MIA 17 TB 21
mr_minor_hood - MIA 24 TB 10

NYJ: pgunz3, tino38
pgunz3 - mia 14 tb 27
tino38 - Mia 23 TB 13

PIT: ritter421, ChrisK, glennjamen3
ritter421 - MIA 17 TB 21 Pennington 115
ChrisK - mia 24 tb 20 - pennington 113
glennjamen3 - MIA 21 TB 14 - Henne 138

If a losing team's 2nd and 3rd choices are already taken by someone having them their first choice, I'll get with those GMs about one of the other openings.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

So the final is Miami 10, Tampa Bay 6... giving the tie-breakers to:

PHI: mr_minor_hood
NYJ: tino38
PIT: ChrisK

OAK: pgunz3 (2nd choice)

Dan R., glennjamen3, and ritter421 have their 2nd and 3rd choices already taken by someone's first choice assigned. I'll contact those GMs. These DFFL teams are still open to choose from:
JAC, MIA, NO, TB, WAS

We also have the STL team in CFFL a possibility. I know of at least one other who was planning on signing up but didn't before the game, and contacted several others. Whichever teams remain open after the other slots determined will be targetted for recruitment of fans of those specific teams until filled.

Things can be somewhat influx if GMs want to swap teams, or would prefer something different. Just send me a PM. We'll put those in stone this weekend, though.
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

When will we be able to go to our teams page?
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Nathan S. wrote:When will we be able to go to our teams page?
Still some finishing up to do with those, but aiming to have done before the weekend.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

We are at 31 GMs right now assuming those who lost the tie-breakers still want a team. There was at least one other guy who was going to sign up but hasn't put in teams yet. Also a lot of messages out yesterday, so I think we'll get to 32 soon. For remaining open teams, the Saturday night game will be a tie-breaker and teams will be finalized after that game. We also have STL in CFFL and maybe some other replacements if wait list builds and some existing GMs don't show.

Here are some primer links to go back in time to the NFL prior to the off-season as I polish up our rosters trying to simulate that environment:

http://www.fangm.com/football/nfl0209.xls

Free Agency Links:
http://www.nfl.com/freeagency
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/ ... ist/513619
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/66436 ... ents09.xls

Cap Space going into off-season:
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... -2009.html
http://moondogsports.com/2009/02/27/200 ... ap-status/
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=j ... &type=lgns
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

So the links above should give you a good idea of what your team will look like for cap room around the figures noted in those articles and for free agents. I'm hoping to have active rosters up by tonight but likely very late tonight, so check back tomorrow. But it should be about the same as the links above for players and cap space and free agents, etc. as that's what I'm basing our data setup on.

I am initially figuring that we'll start free agency around mid-week, and putting in a temporary block in the script to keep players from signing on the 3-day weekend but keeping them active for bids until noon on the day after so it doesn't hurt GMs who are away on the long weekend so much but still allows us to get going. For those who are new, teams get 5 bids per 24 hours (either new bids or counter-bid raises, and unlimited bids to try to sign their own players if cap room to do so). We'll likely put in the defaults from NFL in terms of RFA tender compensation unless notifed before mid-week to have something different than your NFL franchise decided.

Also thinking the college draft at the end of the following week, and having shorter time between pick windows than usual. Then hopefully get the DFFL week 1 run before the real NFL week 2 or at least not be too far behind to catch up.