PFF Dynasty League

Interested in joining a league or talking pro/college football with other serious fans?
Ulrich82

PFF Dynasty League

Post by Ulrich82 »

I know that there is nothing more boring than hearing about someone else's fantasy team, but I also know there are some ProFootballFocus subscribers out there. If any of you are following their Gold Subscriber Dynasty League or their dynasty podcast, I got one of the 9 spots (The War Penguin). Root for me if you want, or laugh at me if I spectacularly fail.

If you are interested in the league at all, here are some thoughts:

We had our first rookie draft last week. I had the 10th pick in a snake draft and ended up with:
Keenan Allen, Marcus Lattimore, Matt Barkley, and Vance McDonald.

Unfortunately, I missed Marcus Wheaton by one pick in the second round, Stedman Bailey by one pick in the 3rd, and both Kenbrell Thompkins and Marquess Wilson went right before I picked in the fourth.

Allen was one of my top 5 players in this draft. I like the potential Lattimore shows, but we only sign rookies to 3 year deals. I worry he may not be productive until year three assuming Gore remains SF's lead back in 2014. Barkley is basically a shot in the dark at QB. He doesn't have a big arm, but he could be successful in a high speed short passing offense that keeps him from seeing too much pass rush pressure (and frankly I don't believe in Vick or Foles long term). I'm a little worried that Kelly's choice of Barkley is the standard coaching bias of overvaluing players who play well against your team, but as the QB Kelly drafted, I think he has the first shot to be Kelly's guy long term. In retrospect, I would have taken Thompkins here if I weren't certain I could grab him or Wilson in round 4 (oops). Finally, I like McDonald in SF, and I don't think it is out of the question that he surpasses Vernon Davis in a year or two (maybe not likely, but worth a shot in the fourth round).

We have our veteran auction coming up Monday night. Each team has 1 4-year contract, 2 3-year contracts, 2 2-year contracts, and unlimited 1 year deals to give out. I have a plan, but I really have no idea how the rest of the league will approach this.
CFFL SF 49ers since 2010
NFC West Champions: 2011, 2012, 2013 , 2014, 2015
Undefeated 2013-2014 Regular Season

AFFL:
Assistant GM with Car Panthers since 2012
Carolina Panthers GM Since 2014