What is this? Rules Leagues Openings Trade Talk Register Links
JOIN!
FORUM  
My Team Rosters Free Agents Draft Trade Block Scores Standings Stats
You are the GM - Part Fantasy, Part Simulation = Fanulation As Real As It Gets for Serious Sports Fans at FanGM!

2017 Off-Season Update

Re: 2017 Off-Season Update

Postby jmdaz44 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:21 am

Goodell wrote:Quick note for those new. When you sign a first round pick you'll see a very large placeholder value in their last year of the contract (99,999,999 or 88,888,888). Those trigger 5th year options, highest for top 10 picks at future tag-based prices. Will someday get those replaced with word "option" but for now just FYI if you see that and are new to the league. You won't be paying 99 million for the player in their 5th year, but will have an option for keeping them for extra year at to-be-determined then franchise tag-based values.

I remember this sent me into a panic my first year. I thought I'd be paying over half my cap to Melvin Ingram.
CFFL Houston:
2013: 7-9
2014: 9-7
2015: 10-6 - Wildcard (Playoffs 0-1)
2016: 12-4 - Division Champ (Playoffs 0-1)
jmdaz44

Re: 2017 Off-Season Update

Postby Goodell on Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:43 am

Goodell wrote:I'll shift things into 53-man roster mode about 2 weeks prior to the regular season. At that point we'll have a big push for all teams starting to get down to their final 53 man rosters. The deadline for that is the start of the NFL season on September 7th.

Also make sure that you update your depth chart for the new season. Lots of teams will have players who are no longer on their squad in there from last year. I'll manually do a check of all teams before the season and the league will update replacing invalid players with highest rated option, but you want to make those decisions yourself so make sure to update your depth chart! Thanks.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Previous

Return to Announcements and Rules Discussion