2011 RULES: Draft or Wait

How should the labor issues impact our sim draft?

Keep it real. April draft. Can't trade players, but only swap picks like NFL currently.
42%
Wait. Hold off draft until we know more about our salary cap and new rules, then hold draft allowing players to be dealt for picks.
18%
Forget labor issues, allow trades of either players or picks without limitation and without salary cap consideration knowing cap changes could be coming later pending NFL agreement.
38%
Other Suggestions (post below)
2%

Total votes: 50

Ben C.

Re: 2011 RULES: Draft or Wait

Post by Ben C. »

With the extension of talks for another week, I see it very likely that a deal will be reached unless something majorly negative happens next week.

In the meantime, I think we need to wait to decide on this until either (a) a deal is reached or (b) the players decertify and get locked out.
AFFL Arizona - General Manager
Regular Season Record - 174-66-1
Playoff Record - 13-12
AFFL Bowl Record - 0-2

2x NFC Champions - 2010, 2016
11x NFC West Champions - 2007-12, 2014-15, 2017-18, 2021
AFFL History
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

Ben C. wrote:With the extension of talks for another week, I see it very likely that a deal will be reached unless something majorly negative happens next week.

In the meantime, I think we need to wait to decide on this until either (a) a deal is reached or (b) the players decertify and get locked out.

Well looks like this is going to court...where the NFL doesn't have a good track record against the players...
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

I wonder if the players will even attempt to fast track this...
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

Time to start talking about this again. Now with the lockout, and pending lawsuit... there's a serious chance that the NFL won't be playing in 2011.

Are we going to? I vote we extend the FANGM collective bargaining agreement an additional year.
bigphil44

Post by bigphil44 »

I also vote to extend the FANGM CBA another year.
Shagg

Post by Shagg »

Jared A wrote:Time to start talking about this again. Now with the lockout, and pending lawsuit... there's a serious chance that the NFL won't be playing in 2011.

Are we going to? I vote we extend the FANGM collective bargaining agreement an additional year.
THIS
E.G.K
Detroit Lions General Manager-AFFL
tino38

Post by tino38 »

I also believe it would be in our best interest to consider extending the current FANGM CBA to the 2011-12 season, so that rosters are set and ready to go for whenever we do have games played once again.
BRFL Saints (31-20) (3-0)
- NFCS Champ: 23’
- NFC Champ: 23’
- SB Champ 23’
AFFL Patriots (97-82) (8-4)
-AFCE Champ: 16', 22’, 23’
-AFC Champ: 22’
-SB Champ: 22’
DFFL Jets - SB Champ 21’ & 22’
FFFL Jets - SB Champ 17’ & 18’
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Jared A wrote:Time to start talking about this again. Now with the lockout, and pending lawsuit... there's a serious chance that the NFL won't be playing in 2011.

I'm not opposed to this, but how do we handle grades/injuries?

Even if everyone knew going in that no current grades would change, we'd still have a batch of rookies with no grades, and if the NFL doesn't play, I doubt we'll see a Madden game and/or grade updates every week as well.

Otherwise, for our league, extending the FANGM CBA one year until this mess is fixed, is an excellent option for us to proceed forward with our teams.

It would be strange to have us playing without the NFL playing though, and I still hope its resolved although I think there's little chance of any of the 2011 schedule being unaffected now. That's the best leverage either side has to getting a deal done. Once they start canceling games and losing money.

Anyways, my biggest question on this would be how grades would be handled. I didn't care for the old way of everyone doing their own grades as I think that leaves way too much bias in the grading system.

As for injuries, I think if we play without the NFL playing, we should have some sort of randomized injuries. Keep in mind though, that this might be a HUGE project for Troy to do, and one that would only be temporary. So, not completely sure how that would work, but its unrealistic for everyone to go the year with zero injuries as well.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
whteshark

Post by whteshark »

I agree with Jared. I vote we extend the FANGM collective bargaining agreement an additional year.
Regular Season: 161-79-1
Playoff Appearances: 10 of 16
Division Titles: 9
Conference Titles: 5
Playoffs: 17-7
AFFL Bowls: 3-2

AFFL Bowl I Winner
AFFL Bowl IV Winner
AFFL Bowl VIII Winner
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

There will be a Madden game. IF the NFL plays a season, there will be updates. If there's not, we can sim with the same grades the entire year. Also, I'd say no injuries.

The real question is... if the NFL doesn't have a season, do we want to have a season? (I vote yes)