2011 RULES: Salary Cap Structure and Flexibility

How should our new cap rules be structured?

Use the real thing - 120M cap and build in real cap-management provisions and exemptions into our rules also.
31%
Use all-encompassing figure for simplicity and efficiency at least this first year (if cap is essentially 126M all things considered if a real team utilized those exemptions, use the 126M figure overall for all)
69%

Total votes: 48

Nathan S.

Re: 2011 RULES: Salary Cap Structure and Flexibility

Post by Nathan S. »

Let's just figure this all out...

No salary cap floor for 2 years, so we can put that off and make the cap $120 like it is in real-life.

Now that we have that settled we can begin.
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

There's a lot for me to do before that and unfortunately have a huge project launching this week at work, but plan to do a couple things soon.

- RFA Tender and Tagging tools
- That will allow us to see which GMs are back and managing team
- Allowing us to replace any GMs needed.

I imaging cutting players will be turned on first (and then maybe trading) sooner while we're trying to make sure all teams in place and ready to go for free agency.

We don't need players signed for pre-season games. I know people are in a hurry, but still lots for me to do technically to change things for a new year (every tool has to be adjusted so salaries/hits to to the right places, etc.) and I still want to find more about some of the cap accounting details that seem less clear, but expect some RFA/Tagging stuff this week and maybe cutting your own players if desired, and then more the next week.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

Goodell wrote:There's a lot for me to do before that and unfortunately have a huge project launching this week at work, but plan to do a couple things soon.

- RFA Tender and Tagging tools
- That will allow us to see which GMs are back and managing team
- Allowing us to replace any GMs needed.

I imaging cutting players will be turned on first (and then maybe trading) sooner while we're trying to make sure all teams in place and ready to go for free agency.

We don't need players signed for pre-season games. I know people are in a hurry, but still lots for me to do technically to change things for a new year (every tool has to be adjusted so salaries/hits to to the right places, etc.) and I still want to find more about some of the cap accounting details that seem less clear, but expect some RFA/Tagging stuff this week and maybe cutting your own players if desired, and then more the next week.
would be nice to even get the RFA Tenders and tagging tools up to get somethings going, the wait is killing me with football being here, even though i know it is a must.
sgsmithy88

Post by sgsmithy88 »

we are all just excited to have football this year.
Let's not rush it. Rather have it done right than fast
Smid
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
AFFL - Pittsburgh
RebelFan

Post by RebelFan »

Will our teams still have transition tags? And was it 1 or 2 that we had before?
GM - Chicago Bears - AFFL
GM - San Francisco 49ers - DFFL

"Talent Hoarder"
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

RebelFan wrote:Will our teams still have transition tags? And was it 1 or 2 that we had before?
As we don't really have as many ways for teams to resign their own guys before they hit free agency, we'd stay with that current rule at least for this shortened off-season, but if transition tags become less and less a part of reality (and with some new restrictions on only one total for either F/T I believe) I'd like to eventually move away from that difference from reality as better ways emerge for new seasons.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
RebelFan

Post by RebelFan »

Ok dokey. Thanks Troy.
GM - Chicago Bears - AFFL
GM - San Francisco 49ers - DFFL

"Talent Hoarder"
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

I am indifferent either way, as I will have to make major changes. In my opinion, we aren.t following the NFL anyway, because they have had a full year plus of uncapped. So they got to clean house this off-season and not at the expense of their cap. I have a feeling that the good GMs will still find a way to rise to the top in the long run.
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

Any idea when we can start doing RFA's or franchising guys?