Opening trading

Goodell

Re: Opening trading

Post by Goodell »

Thanks. I want to get things going too, but the next day or two will be a big push on other projects.

Someone posted a link to some madden rankings. A file like Ben had done in the past would help with those updates (not sure how many grades are out yet). Gathering up all the stuff we'll need to update rosters would help. Such as going back and finding the RFA tender and franchise/transition tag amounts (probably from last March when NFL did those), exact rules for RFAs, etc.

I should have a shortened day on Friday and probably take a couple things live live then (RFA/tags/cutting perhaps and trading this weekend possibly). So not too far away, but will be rough next day or so for me with focus on some other projects but once they're done here soon we'll go head first into football soon. Promise. =)
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Zapotek

Post by Zapotek »

I guess if any owners are going to be replaced for inactivity it'd be nice to have that done before trading begins. Otherwise, the new managers of those teams are going to miss an opportunity to improve rosters that are probably already sub-par.
Manager of AFFL NYJ and FFFL CLE since before the 2016 draft.

CFFL IND: Took control after 2011 draft, relinquished after winning 2013 and 2015 season SB.
Ben C.

Post by Ben C. »

Goodell wrote: Someone posted a link to some madden rankings. A file like Ben had done in the past would help with those updates (not sure how many grades are out yet).
The AFC East grades are out for players that were on rosters a few months ago. ESPN is releasing 2 teams each day, so it will be a couple weeks before we have the whole league done. Plus I suspect we'll have difficulty with players that were free agents. I read there will be a roster update included in the game when it is released so hopefully we'll have that information also.

Would you rather me compile a list weekly of the updated ratings that were released that week, or wait until the whole league is released?
AFFL Arizona - General Manager
Regular Season Record - 174-66-1
Playoff Record - 13-12
AFFL Bowl Record - 0-2

2x NFC Champions - 2010, 2016
11x NFC West Champions - 2007-12, 2014-15, 2017-18, 2021
AFFL History
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Ben C. wrote:
Goodell wrote: Someone posted a link to some madden rankings. A file like Ben had done in the past would help with those updates (not sure how many grades are out yet).
The AFC East grades are out for players that were on rosters a few months ago. ESPN is releasing 2 teams each day, so it will be a couple weeks before we have the whole league done. Plus I suspect we'll have difficulty with players that were free agents. I read there will be a roster update included in the game when it is released so hopefully we'll have that information also.

Would you rather me compile a list weekly of the updated ratings that were released that week, or wait until the whole league is released?
We could do it either way. Sounds like for free agency and trades people are going to possibly have to be smart shoppers and really do their research and not just rely upon grades which may be from last year if we don't have complete information yet on new grades across the league. Grades could quickly change in a matter of days and perhaps significant changes in some cases.

Really depends upon you and your time too. Grade update will be lower on the priority list for me as we'll just need to make sure we have those updated by the regular season for sure when they really matter. If I got smaller updates every week, I'd enter them as I got them sometimes but might also have to wait and enter them as a larger batch depending upon my time. If I got them all at once at the end, we'd definitely have to do it then. They'd have to get in before the regular season one way or the other, and no preference on my part for assistance there. Any would be appreciated any way it came. thanks
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office