2013 RULES: GM Accountability

Do you like the idea of "firing" a sim GM?

No
13%
Yes - But only in AFFL and with easy standards to meet.
33%
Yes - But only in AFFL and with a higher standard.
15%
Yes - Across all leagues.
38%

Total votes: 60

Shagg

Re: 2013 RULES: GM Accountability

Post by Shagg »

Not giving up my spot to anyone :D. I voted an emphatic NO!!!
E.G.K
Detroit Lions General Manager-AFFL
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

Royce R wrote:
Onyxgem wrote:I don't think anybody needs to be worrying about this, remember this is a GAME, just cause others might not like how you are doing with your team it shouldn't be taken away from an owner period if they are an active member of the league, after all remember this is a game where we are supposed to be having fun, some people have fun in different ways than others.
which can make it less fun for others. Lack of teams trying to be competitive skews everything. It makes more dream teams possible and unrealistic. Most people are competitive, and to offer a competitive league seems great to me. There is still 66% of the leagues that wouldnt be forcing people to give effort. And 75% if we add another league.
But you are here to manage your team not tell somebody else how to have fun managing theirs. Doesn't matter all the leagues are supposed to be for FUN, not well if we don't think you are winning you are out, sorry this is a game where we have FUN, not real life.
whteshark

Post by whteshark »

Onyxgem wrote:
Royce R wrote:
Onyxgem wrote:I don't think anybody needs to be worrying about this, remember this is a GAME, just cause others might not like how you are doing with your team it shouldn't be taken away from an owner period if they are an active member of the league, after all remember this is a game where we are supposed to be having fun, some people have fun in different ways than others.
which can make it less fun for others. Lack of teams trying to be competitive skews everything. It makes more dream teams possible and unrealistic. Most people are competitive, and to offer a competitive league seems great to me. There is still 66% of the leagues that wouldnt be forcing people to give effort. And 75% if we add another league.
But you are here to manage your team not tell somebody else how to have fun managing theirs. Doesn't matter all the leagues are supposed to be for FUN, not well if we don't think you are winning you are out, sorry this is a game where we have FUN, not real life.
I don't know, Oynx, this is pretty hardcore fantasy football. If people want to have fun they have Yahoo Fantasy football for guys that just want to have fun. If you want to have a hardcore fantasy football experience where you have to worry about the free agency, draft, filling roster spots on limited funds just like the real NFL you come here. It's still fun; it's just a more, I would say, fulfilling experience.

I'm not telling anybody how to manage their team. I just think a part of this game is to put a competitive product on the field. If they can't do that after three seasons maybe this experience isn't for them.
Regular Season: 161-79-1
Playoff Appearances: 10 of 16
Division Titles: 9
Conference Titles: 5
Playoffs: 17-7
AFFL Bowls: 3-2

AFFL Bowl I Winner
AFFL Bowl IV Winner
AFFL Bowl VIII Winner
tino38

Post by tino38 »

Still think this should be an option only for the AFFL but ill support it regardless. Option 4 just adds some pressure to some of the new guys that take over teams in CFFL and DFFL.
BRFL Saints (31-20) (3-0)
- NFCS Champ: 23’
- NFC Champ: 23’
- SB Champ 23’
AFFL Patriots (97-82) (8-4)
-AFCE Champ: 16', 22’, 23’
-AFC Champ: 22’
-SB Champ: 22’
DFFL Jets - SB Champ 21’ & 22’
FFFL Jets - SB Champ 17’ & 18’
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

whteshark wrote: But you are here to manage your team not tell somebody else how to have fun managing theirs. Doesn't matter all the leagues are supposed to be for FUN, not well if we don't think you are winning you are out, sorry this is a game where we have FUN, not real life.
I don't know, Oynx, this is pretty hardcore fantasy football. If people want to have fun they have Yahoo Fantasy football for guys that just want to have fun. If you want to have a hardcore fantasy football experience where you have to worry about the free agency, draft, filling roster spots on limited funds just like the real NFL you come here. It's still fun; it's just a more, I would say, fulfilling experience.

I'm not telling anybody how to manage their team. I just think a part of this game is to put a competitive product on the field. If they can't do that after three seasons maybe this experience isn't for them.[/quote]

Hard core leagues are one that people pay alot of money to join, this isn't this is a game and telling people how to play a game is kind of silly.
jacobsaces

Post by jacobsaces »

49er's won 9 games over 3 seasons then drafted a guy named Montana and dominated a couple decades. Just saying placing a # on things may not be the best idea. Inactivity is still the main reason to get rid of an owner
charlie813brown

Post by charlie813brown »

Onyxgem wrote:
whteshark wrote: But you are here to manage your team not tell somebody else how to have fun managing theirs. Doesn't matter all the leagues are supposed to be for FUN, not well if we don't think you are winning you are out, sorry this is a game where we have FUN, not real life.

I'm not telling anybody how to manage their team. I just think a part of this game is to put a competitive product on the field. If they can't do that after three seasons maybe this experience isn't for them.
Hard core leagues are one that people pay alot of money to join, this isn't this is a game and telling people how to play a game is kind of silly.[/quote]

The point isn't to tell people how to play, but if a team can't win 10 games in three years, there should at least be a review put into their team.
Cory H
GM of Baltimore Ravens CFFL (Total - 43-53)
2008 - 5-11
2009 - 9-7
2010 - 10-6 (AFC Wild Card)
2011 - 10-6
2012 - 1-15 (Rebuilding year)
2013 - 8-8
tino38

Post by tino38 »

I think it's assumed but just making sure. If it were to happen, we would be taking this into effect starting with 2013 season, so years 2013-16 would be first up for this?
BRFL Saints (31-20) (3-0)
- NFCS Champ: 23’
- NFC Champ: 23’
- SB Champ 23’
AFFL Patriots (97-82) (8-4)
-AFCE Champ: 16', 22’, 23’
-AFC Champ: 22’
-SB Champ: 22’
DFFL Jets - SB Champ 21’ & 22’
FFFL Jets - SB Champ 17’ & 18’
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

charlie813brown wrote:
Onyxgem wrote:

Hard core leagues are one that people pay alot of money to join, this isn't this is a game and telling people how to play a game is kind of silly.
The point isn't to tell people how to play, but if a team can't win 10 games in three years, there should at least be a review put into their team.[/quote]

If this was real life then sure put out demands on teams, but this is a game thta is FREE that is NOT hard core...so heck no to any idea of taking away somebody's team just wrong on all accounts.
Ben C.

Post by Ben C. »

jacobsaces wrote:49er's won 9 games over 3 seasons then drafted a guy named Montana and dominated a couple decades. Just saying placing a # on things may not be the best idea. Inactivity is still the main reason to get rid of an owner
This statement actually supports the realism of having the 10 win requirement.

Montana and Bill Walsh arrived in 1979, together. The GM before Walsh arrived was Joe Thomas, who went 7-23 in two seasons (the first 2 seasons in the 3 that you mentioned), then was fired. Walsh and Montana went 2-14 in '79, and 6-10 in '80 before winning the Super Bowl in '81, Walsh's third year with the team.
AFFL Arizona - General Manager
Regular Season Record - 174-66-1
Playoff Record - 13-12
AFFL Bowl Record - 0-2

2x NFC Champions - 2010, 2016
11x NFC West Champions - 2007-12, 2014-15, 2017-18, 2021
AFFL History