Tanking

vikingfan

Re: Tanking

Post by vikingfan »

Lets just say I have more of a problem of him as an option for any league than I do you stuck playing him.

:P
Ben C. wrote:
vikingfan wrote:Favre shouldn't be allowed to play as he is not even playing. Lucky that team has no picks.
Favre is playing because Rodgers is out and the backups I had to start the season ended up being replaced by Matt Flynn on the Packers. Since the choice was between either the default update with Scott Tolzien or the default update with Brett Favre, I decided to have some fun and pretend that Favre came out of retirement. I'm pretty sure you'll agree that it's not out of the question that he'd decide to do that. And it's certainly not about "tanking" in this case. My team is treading water until Rodgers returns in Week 17.
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

Got to do something with the likes of Payton Manning and Foles being benched in favor or QB's who are not going to get an update just to lose.....it is disgrace.
Strategist

Post by Strategist »

Onyxgem wrote:Got to do something with the likes of Payton Manning and Foles being benched in favor or QB's who are not going to get an update just to lose.....it is disgrace.
I agree it is one thing to trade your players and losing. It is completely different and unrealistic to bench them for players that aren't even getting an update and losing. I think they should be penalized. Maybe a 1st round draft pick. That would prevent it from every happening again.
DFFL - DAL 09-20: 113-63 .642 (6-5) 3X DIV Champs. 6 Playoff apps. DFFL Bowl I Champs
CFFL - NYG 10-12: 34-13-1 .708
AFFL - WAS 13-19: 53-59 .473 (5-3) '14, '15, & '17 Div, '17 AFC Champs
FFFL - PIT 16-17: 45-19 .703 (3-3) '16-18 Div, 16' AFC Champs
Strategist

Post by Strategist »

What really bothers me is they are affecting the people who have put in a lot of work to field a winner but are having their chances of making the playoffs affected by people losing to teams that they may not have had they started their best players.
DFFL - DAL 09-20: 113-63 .642 (6-5) 3X DIV Champs. 6 Playoff apps. DFFL Bowl I Champs
CFFL - NYG 10-12: 34-13-1 .708
AFFL - WAS 13-19: 53-59 .473 (5-3) '14, '15, & '17 Div, '17 AFC Champs
FFFL - PIT 16-17: 45-19 .703 (3-3) '16-18 Div, 16' AFC Champs
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

Strategist wrote:
Onyxgem wrote:Got to do something with the likes of Payton Manning and Foles being benched in favor or QB's who are not going to get an update just to lose.....it is disgrace.
I agree it is one thing to trade your players and losing. It is completely different and unrealistic to bench them for players that aren't even getting an update and losing. I think they should be penalized. Maybe a 1st round draft pick. That would prevent it from every happening again.
I agree losing their first round pick or even having it be the last pick in the first round as a good punishment. I is a joke.
tino38

Post by tino38 »

Strategist wrote:What really bothers me is they are affecting the people who have put in a lot of work to field a winner but are having their chances of making the playoffs affected by people losing to teams that they may not have had they started their best players.
This is what bothers me the most. They are affecting, or not affecting, the wild card races by not putting out their best performance. A loss of cap space would be fine with me too. If you fold at the beginning of the season, then everyone on that schedule is playing same caliber roster. But if you bench players in weeks 14-17 that's just not right. I'd be perfectly fine with a 500K-1M loss of cap space per game that this was done. That would send a message as well I believe.
BRFL Saints (31-20) (3-0)
- NFCS Champ: 23’
- NFC Champ: 23’
- SB Champ 23’
AFFL Patriots (97-82) (8-4)
-AFCE Champ: 16', 22’, 23’
-AFC Champ: 22’
-SB Champ: 22’
DFFL Jets - SB Champ 21’ & 22’
FFFL Jets - SB Champ 17’ & 18’
TylerW

Post by TylerW »

I'd say moving the 1st to the end of the round for the first offense (don't complete kill a team and get rid of their picks) and even as far as removal from team for the second offense.

I may have a shot at a division title in the CFFL only because another team was tanking. I don't think that's fair to KC.
GM SD Chargers CFFL
Franchise Record: 72-23-1 (Playoffs: 4-5)
-2008,2009,2010,2011,2013 AFC West Division Champions
-2008 AFC Champions
GM NY Giants AFFL
Franchise Record: 4-44
larry linke

Post by larry linke »

I agree with them having their pick moved to the end of the first round. A league is only as good as the integrity of the owners / general managers.

Larry
Minnesota AFFL
kevinl

Post by kevinl »

I like the idea of a certain amount of wins over a certain amount of time. Ex.. 10 wins in 3 years. If they don't accomplish this then maybe fired or something.
jacobsaces

Post by jacobsaces »

tino38 wrote:
Strategist wrote:What really bothers me is they are affecting the people who have put in a lot of work to field a winner but are having their chances of making the playoffs affected by people losing to teams that they may not have had they started their best players.
This is what bothers me the most. They are affecting, or not affecting, the wild card races by not putting out their best performance. A loss of cap space would be fine with me too. If you fold at the beginning of the season, then everyone on that schedule is playing same caliber roster. But if you bench players in weeks 14-17 that's just not right. I'd be perfectly fine with a 500K-1M loss of cap space per game that this was done. That would send a message as well I believe.
It may be for a different reason but teams do bench their starters at end of the season resting for playoffs or trying out younger options. Our league does not reflect this so in a way those teams that are doing it to tank are replacing those that would if they could before playoff time. What is worse to me is the teams that are not trying from the beginning (which sounds opposite of your thought) but ungodly amounts of draft picks is absurd. If you had 4 1st rounders that might be a record. (Anyone know the answer to that) but double digit 1st round picks? GM's would get fired for such absurdity and obvious losing.