Rules suggestion

larry linke

Re: Rules suggestion

Post by larry linke »

I have no problem with our free agency system. As long as we have anonymous bidding, some GM's will always think they are being screwed (whether they are or aren't). The question is, how do you know when you place a bid who you are competing against. I did place a last minute bid. I had a 10 minute window where I obtained one of my five bids and the other player was signed. I also like to wait until the last hour to try and guage how many people are bidding for the same player.

I would have no problem if the rules were changed that if someone signed a contract for "x" amount of dollars that a certain per cent must be guaranteed.

Lastly, I agree that if I find a player who is not on the list of available players (happens quite often with UFA's who make NFL rosters) that I should be able to immediately place him on my practice squad. If I am allowed to place an initial bid for him, he should go throught the 24 hours process.

Larry
Minnesota AFFL
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

Just noticed I miss out and didn't check my bid again after 24 hours but I also saw this..
• 3-years, 810,000/yr, 25,000 SB, 0 RB , High-Bid , SIGNED!
• TB: 3-years, 730,000/yr, 0 SB, 0 RB , SIGNED!
Did I actually sign him and it didn't register or does that always happen?
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL
jacobsaces

Post by jacobsaces »

Onyxgem wrote:
jacobsaces wrote:No one is screwing you? If someone ups the bid they did so for one of two reasons either they want him which we already obviously established is not the case here. Or they believe the player to be undervalued. I highly doubt anyone is bidding on players with intent to screw you over (though I might try and do so now) it's a simple fair for all tool it's silly to feel your getting screwed.
wow talk about childish
My post from the begining have been sarcastic I obviously would not know what players you are bidding on so this is I obviously sarcasm a lot of your post have been mean spirited
jacobsaces

Post by jacobsaces »

whteshark wrote:"How is a player on the free agent market getting overbid cutthroat? Now it sounds like you are in the playground and I came and pushed you off the monkey bars.. Whaaaaa unbelievable how you guys view this."

LOL, I'm a fat guy. I spend too much time on this site when I should be out exercising so you might have a hard time pushing me off the monkey bars.

I don't know how long you have been playing but I was pretty cut throat when I came in this league. I realized pretty quickly that building relationships in this league are important. 99 percent of these GM's here are smart, active players who know their stuff and have the memory of an elephant. Some players who get through free agency are probably undervalued and some are way overvalued. It's the market at work. I don't lose sleep over it and I certainly don't stay in free agency to drive up the prices on players I don't need or want.

Your idea of GMing is a bit different from mine but a bit of advice would be those relationships are more important than some cut throat free agency tactics.

Just my two cents, man.
This is a game you are just a blip on a computer screen I don't know you from jack if you view my tactics as cut throat I guess I can't do anything about that. I'm open to showing bid history after a player has been won. I doubt you would find anything in my bid history any worse than anyone else.
Ulrich82

Post by Ulrich82 »

I'm all for mimicking the NFL as much as possible. However, until we rent out a meeting hall, hire actors to negotiate on behalf of players, and give us all a week of legal tampering (and maybe a month of illegal tampering), I think we have to bypass the "real NFL" argument for free agency. We simply want a system with fair market pricing. Our current system may have some warts, but I think it generally accomplishes that.
CFFL SF 49ers since 2010
NFC West Champions: 2011, 2012, 2013 , 2014, 2015
Undefeated 2013-2014 Regular Season

AFFL:
Assistant GM with Car Panthers since 2012
Carolina Panthers GM Since 2014
Strategist

Post by Strategist »

Ulrich82 wrote:I'm all for mimicking the NFL as much as possible. However, until we rent out a meeting hall, hire actors to negotiate on behalf of players, and give us all a week of legal tampering (and maybe a month of illegal tampering), I think we have to bypass the "real NFL" argument for free agency. We simply want a system with fair market pricing. Our current system may have some warts, but I think it generally accomplishes that.
Agree completely.
DFFL - DAL 09-20: 113-63 .642 (6-5) 3X DIV Champs. 6 Playoff apps. DFFL Bowl I Champs
CFFL - NYG 10-12: 34-13-1 .708
AFFL - WAS 13-19: 53-59 .473 (5-3) '14, '15, & '17 Div, '17 AFC Champs
FFFL - PIT 16-17: 45-19 .703 (3-3) '16-18 Div, 16' AFC Champs
lucky7jc

Post by lucky7jc »

Ulrich82 wrote:I'm all for mimicking the NFL as much as possible. However, until we rent out a meeting hall, hire actors to negotiate on behalf of players, and give us all a week of legal tampering (and maybe a month of illegal tampering), I think we have to bypass the "real NFL" argument for free agency. We simply want a system with fair market pricing. Our current system may have some warts, but I think it generally accomplishes that.
Bahahahahaha 100% correct and hilarious
AFFL Champion - 2019
AFC Champion - 2019
jmdaz44

Post by jmdaz44 »

Sounds like a goal for the future!
CFFL Houston:
2013: 7-9
2014: 9-7
2015: 10-6 - Wildcard (0-1)
2016: 12-4 - AFC South Champ (0-1)
2017: 11-5 - AFC South Champ (1-1)
2018: 12-4 - AFC South Champ (1-1)
2019: 13-3 - Wildcard (4-0 - CFFL Champions)