2014 Draft Date

What day would you prefer the draft start?

Saturday, May 10th (draft both Saturday and Sunday and into work week)
58%
Saturday, May 10th (but skip Mother's Day and pick up on Monday round 2)
4%
Sunday, May 11th (Mother's Day)
4%
Monday, May 12th
30%
Saturday, May 17th
4%

Total votes: 53

Goodell

Re: 2014 Draft Date

Post by Goodell »

sportznut wrote:I can add to my queue, but get an error message if I try to click on the arrows next to my picks to move up or down.

Says I don't own a pick that I clearly do.

Sorry about that. I don't have any tradable picks to try out so that was still looking at draft positions last year. Should be updated now.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Goodell wrote:
sportznut wrote:I can add to my queue, but get an error message if I try to click on the arrows next to my picks to move up or down.

Says I don't own a pick that I clearly do.

Sorry about that. I don't have any tradable picks to try out so that was still looking at draft positions last year. Should be updated now.
Works now. Thanks.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

So... any chance the timer could be turned on, but the clock not? Maybe Thursday night after the draft. Then some GM's could make selections early if they wished.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Jared A wrote:So... any chance the timer could be turned on, but the clock not? Maybe Thursday night after the draft. Then some GM's could make selections early if they wished.
Yeah, the windows will remain constant, but I think we usually allow teams at the top of the draft to get going a little earlier if they wish.

We don't usually do that for days, though. It can create a problematic situation where people complaining for days about someone not picking early. That's not what I want, as nobody has to pick until their pick window.

No guarantees on when we'd turn that on early as I'll be away at a business conference and not sure about time availability yet (or even how well internet connectivity in hotel is yet) but I'd think turning it on the night before for the teams at the very top if they are ready to announce is something we've probably done before and can do again. I don't really want this to become we have the draft on for early picks for days or weeks before due and the first round is mostly done before our official draft date. I have no interest in the draft becoming that, or people putting pressure on other GMs to pick days early as I can imagine happening if it's open for an extended time before the draft start, but it's reasonable even in reality for the #1 overall pick to be well known or even have the team announce and start working on contract negotiations with the top overall pick early.

So having it turned on sometime the day before the draft for the top overall teams if they want to make their picks a little early will probably be done. I've also turned it on a little early in the past because it lets me see if picks get made without problem and transferred to their teams successfully in a less time-sensitive manner so I'll know things are good to go with draft once picks start flying on the clock.
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

I assume that 12 start time is PM, correct?
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

soonertf wrote:I assume that 12 start time is PM, correct?
Yeah, noon on Saturday is when the pick windows start.