Supplemental Draft: 2014

Goodell

Supplemental Draft: 2014

Post by Goodell »

No players were selected in the NFL's recent supplemental draft. However, before I add these players to our free agency options we'll see if our sim teams are interested.

Players eligible for the supplemental draft include:
- New Mexico wide receiver Chase Clayton
- North Carolina linebacker Darius Lipford
- Virginia-Lynchburg defensive tackle LaKendrick Ross
- SMU running back Traylon Shead

Deadline: End of day 11:59 PM ET on 8/8, and I'll announce the results the following weekend and place all players into free agency at that time.

If you have an interest in any of the available supplemental draft players, please do the following.

Email commish@fangm.com, making it clear which team & league you represent and what draft round you wish to bid in selecting the player. Please email them instead of PM them because my PMs get clogged and I want to keep the supplemental picks separately in one place that won't run out of room.

For example... AFFL Atlanta selects Player X with a 7th round pick (originally SF) for the supplemental draft.

Don't worry about me seeing all the sent bids and just out-bidding everyone at the end as AFFL ATL will not submit a supplemental draft bid.

You MUST currently possess a 2015 draft pick in the round you specify. You cannot say you'll select the player with a 6th rounder if you don't have a 6th rounder in 2015 now. If you have multiple 6th rounders for example, you must also mention the original team holder of that pick.

The highest bidded draft pick will get the player in each league. If multiple teams offer up a 7th rounder, for example, we use the current 2014 season draft order (by original team slots based upon worst records) to determine which is the highest pick being bidded. If you don't have the highest bid, you don't get the player but do keep your draft pick offered up.

The winning bidder will get that player on their roster for this year (assuming they have enough cap space) and will give up the associated draft pick in 2015. The supplemental draftee will receive a contract the same as the player slotted in the 2014 draft.

Teams do not need to bid on these players if not interested or not willing to give up a draft pick for them. But if you would like to acquire one of these supplemental draft players, send an email by 8/8 to commish@fangm.com with the bidded draft round and I'll award the player to the highest bidding team.

I will send a confirmation reply email back to all bidders. If you do not get a confirmation within a day or two let me know as I may not have received your bid. Let me know if any questions. Thanks
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office