Real Injuries and Injury Report

Royce R

Re: Real Injuries and Injury Report

Post by Royce R »

Anything to hurt AFFL Indy is good in my book ;)

j/k
AFFL - Titans GM since 2007
96 - 62 - 2 regular season
6 playoff appearances
4 division titles
2 conference titles
1 AFFL title
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

If he's not been put on some kind of list that's trackable from NFL.com/transactions or NFL.com/injuries, I think it goes beyond what we can figure out without out looking up each and every single player individually each week.

He does show up there on the Reserve/Did Not Report list, so that's something we could include when looking for guys place on IR, etc.

I would also think his grade would take a hit if not playing. We had situations before where guys maybe had good free agent Madden scores but never played, so we took their grades down after 4 weeks (we typically do some of our own grade adjustments when necessary every 4 weeks) if no NFL team interested in them playing because Madden updates probably will never mention them if not active on a team. He could be included in that this year with the other players who aren't playing reduced by X% with the others.

But we try not to change cources mid-stream in the middle of a season so I'd be reluctant to change his status now within a discussion of teams playing each other and probably highly debatable issues that we hadn't done anything with before. Then treat him like other inactive players if he doesn't get any official madden update otherwise at week 4 with the others. And maybe it turns out he doesn't want to play football and eventually added to the retired list which we'd make him retired here too.

We can discuss if we want to handle it differently in future seasons, but as some people not liking Crabtree being active in our sim game while he isn't playing in reality and since this hasn't come up before, we should stay the course and consider changes next year within our regular off-season rules discussions.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6803

Bob Sanders has actually been upgraded from "out" to "doubtful"
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Jared A wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6803

Bob Sanders has actually been upgraded from "out" to "doubtful"
We have to have one source to rely upon for injury upload and have been using NFL.com/injuries for the official list. But he's listed as doubtful there also and has been doubtful here since I updated injuries last night.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office