2015 Off-Season Update

larry linke

Re: 2015 Off-Season Update

Post by larry linke »

Goodell wrote:Teams are able to select cut to the practice squad now. Those players are cut, and able for any team to claim prior to them landing on your practice squad. Once on the practice squad, those players are still not under contract and can be signed by any team at any time (you'll get the right to match any contract, though, and add them to your active roster if you wish).

Per our off-season discussions here:
http://www.fangm.com/sportstalk/viewtop ... 306#p13306

I'm going to remain working on some tweaks to avoid the cut to practice squad, another team claims them to cut to their practice squad circle. I hope that can be implemented this weekend before the 48 hour windows on claims is up.

So just a head's up when you think about claiming a player, you should only be claiming players you want to add to your active roster. If you're claiming them just to re-cut and try to get on your practice squad instead, that will likely be blocked before our season starts by checking that player's recent transactions and not allowing another immediate cut to practice squad again.

If you like a cut player (just not enough to add to your active roster) and would like them on your practice squad, the best thing to do would be to not claim them (since you don't want to pay them and give them spot on your 53 man roster) and just wait until that 48 hours is up and if nobody claims them to their active rosters they'll be available from the free agency page to add to practice squad at that time.

As mentioned in the link above, I'm hoping there will be some additional team controls over their claims and some additional requirements for a roster space to be available before claim can be fully accepted by a winning claim team.
Is this the scenario we are talking about ?

Larry
Minnesota
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Head's up that I'm going to attempt to get our week 1 simmed tonight.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
tino38

Post by tino38 »

Goodell wrote:Head's up that I'm going to attempt to get our week 1 simmed tonight.
1,000,000 likes!
BRFL Saints (31-20) (3-0)
- NFCS Champ: 23’
- NFC Champ: 23’
- SB Champ 23’
AFFL Patriots (97-82) (8-4)
-AFCE Champ: 16', 22’, 23’
-AFC Champ: 22’
-SB Champ: 22’
DFFL Jets - SB Champ 21’ & 22’
FFFL Jets - SB Champ 17’ & 18’