2015 Off-Season Update

Goodell

2015 Off-Season Update

Post by Goodell »

Here's a quick schedule on upcoming activities.

- Rules discussions will start with forum messages posted starting today and will continue up until we're ready for a new league year. Last year free agency started mid-April. With the NFL Draft starting April 30, I'd like to kick our free agency off a little earlier toward the start of the month if we're ready (date to be determined). So pencil in free agency starting early April and our NFL draft starting early May (exact dates to be discussed and posted ahead).

- I'll be working to setup the new league year finances and switching rosters over to 2015 numbers in the days ahead. Once I do that, we'll turn on the ability to tag pending free agents for at least two weeks prior to free agency starting.

- We'll turn online GM Check-In on soon to see who'll be back next year.

- We'll work on finding new GM replacements for those that don't check in ready for the new season.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Knighty Knight

Re: 2015 Off-Season Update

Post by Knighty Knight »

Question, when do we open trading? Does it coincide with free agency or come before or after. I can't recall the time frame from last offseason.
Brian Orr
AFFL New York Giants (48-51)(2-2) 2022, 2023 NFC East Champions
BRFL Washington Commanders (10-7)(0-1)
DFFL Miami Dolphins(103-76)(3-5) 2018 AFC East Champions
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Knighty Knight wrote:Question, when do we open trading? Does it coincide with free agency or come before or after. I can't recall the time frame from last offseason.
It would coincide with free agency starting at the latest. We may open trading up a little earlier depending upon rules decisions being concluded and roster data ready to go for new year. For example, if free agency started on a Monday it's possibly we'd open up free agency the weekend before or something. But same date as free agency at the latest.
jerrydlux

Post by jerrydlux »

Similar question, when will rosters be unlocked so we can start making cuts? Will that be before free agency?
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

jerrydlux wrote:Similar question, when will rosters be unlocked so we can start making cuts? Will that be before free agency?
No date yet. It'll be after I switch everything over to 2015 finances. Like trades, it'll either be at free agency start date or most likely at least a little bit before.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

I've made progress getting everything ready for the 2015 league year. Teams can now check-in on their team roster page. That'll help let us know who's aware the off-season is right around the corner if we need to get some new GMs in place.

The team roster finances are close. Still some checks and adjustments I have to do, but this will give you a good idea of how your finances should look roughly going into the new season to start thinking about general plans.

Free agency in April - exact date to be determined still. I should have the ability to tag players, set restricted free agent tenders, and sign LTC up this week. Free agency probably about 2 weeks after that point.

Teams can only check-in at this point. No other roster moves are available quite yet as we finish off preparing everything to be ready for the new league year. Watch for posts in this forum for updates when new activity is available prior to free agency starting.
jerrydlux

Post by jerrydlux »

do we have new gm's lined up yet?
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Not yet. Focusing on getting things ready for 2015 first, then while our GMs work on their team decisions I'll work on replacements where needed.

If you know of someone interested, have them register for an account here and post a message to the wait list thread.
gmen43

Post by gmen43 »

I noticed that under LTC it says "1" meaning its been updated. But when clicked on nothing appears. Just want to make sure that's normal.
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

gmen43 wrote:I noticed that under LTC it says "1" meaning its been updated. But when clicked on nothing appears. Just want to make sure that's normal.
Just not open to LTC yet - it's not active.
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL