2015 RULES: Add another LTC, Restructure

Should we add another LTC and/or contract restructuring option?

LTC: NO keep same number of LTC options.
21%
LTC: YES add another LTC in future seasons.
32%
Restructure: NO keep it same number of contract restrutures.
16%
Restructure: YES add another available contract restructure during regular season.
30%

Total votes: 105

tino38

Re: 2015 RULES: Add another LTC, Restructure

Post by tino38 »

I argued this at the very beginning and nobody really cared lol and I agree
BRFL Saints (31-20) (3-0)
- NFCS Champ: 23’
- NFC Champ: 23’
- SB Champ 23’
AFFL Patriots (97-82) (8-4)
-AFCE Champ: 16', 22’, 23’
-AFC Champ: 22’
-SB Champ: 22’
DFFL Jets - SB Champ 21’ & 22’
FFFL Jets - SB Champ 17’ & 18’
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Yeah, nothing will change on that until next year so have some time to think about how that might work. I believe I posted about SBs and possibly using them in LTC during this off-season discussion but some of the complications to that also that would have to be figured out. There's time to think about improvements for that for next year.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Caps on SBs might also be something to discuss again ahead too as part of that, if more and more contracts look like mostly SBs. For LTC impact, health of franchises, maintained player value and realism.

With more NFL players suddenly unexpectedly retiring as we're seeing these days... I have to really caution teams that signing bonuses are TOTALLY GUARANTEED and only payable by the signing team (cannot be transferred) and no way you're getting out of them. Put in mostly all SB deals and that player retires next year due to concussions, and you're on the books for everything if you make it mostly guaranteed SB based. Load up on lots of those and have a couple of those situations hit you and you're sunk for a couple years with nothing but millions of unmovable dead money. At your own risk.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Goodell wrote:CONCLUSION: We'll add another contract restructure option to all teams once the regular seasons start, as a tool for teams to solve their own budget messes during the regular season when creating cap space is so much more difficult than the off-season.
Just a reminder that teams will have an extra contract restructure option added for the regular season soon also.