Draft time frame

Jared A

Draft time frame

Post by Jared A »

I am leaving for Canada on May 2nd. It'll probably take me a week to get electricity and internet back up and running.

I (of course) will have my que set, but would prefer to wait one week from the normal draft, so I can be present.
chiefbrody

Re: Draft time frame

Post by chiefbrody »

Jared A wrote:I am leaving for Canada ...
That's the smartest thing you've ever said.
Denver Broncos - AFFL
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

May 10th or 11th works for me.
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
RebelFan

Post by RebelFan »

chiefbrody wrote:
Jared A wrote:I am leaving for Canada ...
That's the smartest thing you've ever said.
:lol:
GM - Chicago Bears - AFFL
GM - San Francisco 49ers - DFFL

"Talent Hoarder"
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

Have finals May 10-13.
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

I make this suggestion every year, so I don't see why this year will be any different.

I'd like to see an option to check a box to have the computer automatically make your selection based on your queue if you know for a fact you won't be around.

We keep all the time slots per the usual, but if you know you can't make it for your pick, you save everyone else 15-20 minutes (potentially).

I don't see the harm in adding this option, knowing full well most people will never check the box, and we'll have to wait at times anyways.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Appreciate the feedback. Maybe... if I find enough time for new programming new functionality.

Some might argue that the draft works better when it stays close to schedule. When there isn't a 4 hours wait for the next pick, but always around a 10-15 minute wait at the most because picks are happening around their scheduled time. When things get too far ahead, it creates those huge blocks between picks. We will never have everyone always online, so there is going to be wait times. Always. It's arguably preferable to keep those shorter and more consistent right around the pick window times than creating processes that get things off schedule even more and create even larger wait blocks. But I understand the points there. Just requires extra work to create new functionality and some would argue it gets us even more off-schedule when actions that keep things closer to the schedule and get things back on track may be preferable. But it's something I know some are very interested in and something to think and look into as time allows for more development ahead.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

What if it were programmed to simply auto pick (if your box is checked) ONLY when that team is on the clock?

So, you don't have a 4 hour block in between picks, but if a GM can't make their pick in time, at least that pick is made automatically, instead of running the clock down to zero?

At least in that case, you'd never be more than one auto pick in advance of the relegated time slots.

I understand some probably think its unnecessary, but when we draft, and have 20 guys online, but one guy with 4 picks in short order, and he's not around to make any of his picks, it is a bit of a drag.

I know once we got to the later rounds, I'd be more likely to not be live for the draft, and I would check my box to auto pick my queued up list for me.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Joe

Post by Joe »

I really like that idea! Id just hate to be the ass that forgot to check the box!!
Joe Militzer
Baltimore Ravens GM Affl
Cleveland Browns GM Cffl
Minnesota Vikings GM Dffl