2015 Draft Date

What day would you like our college draft to start? (round 1 on day 1 below, 2 rounds per day after)

Thursday, April 30th evening
6%
Friday, May 1st
48%
Saturday, May 2nd
27%
Saturday, May 16th
10%
Monday, May 18th
8%

Total votes: 48

Goodell

2015 Draft Date

Post by Goodell »

Recently we've been starting our college drafts on Saturday of the last day of the NFL draft. Last year the NFL draft was Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10, and we started Saturday morning of May 10th. This year's NFL draft starts April 30th and ends Saturday May 2nd.

The way our college drafts work tends to be round 1 on day one, and then 2 rounds per day to finish it out across four days. Once the schedule is set, teams will have an exact window in which all picks will be due to be able to schedule their time in advance. If a team isn't online for their pick window, they automatically get the top player from their draft queue list or if they don't have any of their ranked players left on their list they get the top undrafted player from real NFL draft order.

We'll never be able to schedule an exact perfect time for nearly 100 people, but some have mentioned conflicts if you wish to keep that in mind: http://www.fangm.com/sportstalk/viewtop ... 17&start=0

Typically the earliest we could start our draft would be the day after the first round, as I have to upload NFL draft orders for the default if a team doesn't pick and doesn't have a ranking listed so they'd get the default from highest NFL undrafted order. That's why we tend to start on Saturday. It's possible, if scheduling conflicts and higher interest dictated that we could do our round 1 slightly delayed from NFL draft round 1 so long as I could keep up with it to update their draft order quickly.

The default would normally be Saturday on the last day of NFL draft (May 2nd). If it helps and makes things more entertaining, we could try to do it sooner on Thursday night or Friday morning start to get more high rounds in before scheduling conflicts. Or we can delay to later in May.

Wanted to get some opinions. Ideally we'll get to a place where we have a default always and don't have to poll every year, but giving a couple of options this year all things considered. Thanks!
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Jared A

Re: 2015 Draft Date

Post by Jared A »

Of course the one with the most votes is the day I'm leaving LOL. I'll ask everyone that wants to get things started to please change your vote to Friday.
Zapotek

Post by Zapotek »

Voted Friday, but either Friday or Saturday is good for me.
Manager of AFFL NYJ and FFFL CLE since before the 2016 draft.

CFFL IND: Took control after 2011 draft, relinquished after winning 2013 and 2015 season SB.
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

Nevermind... dealt most my picks.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Friday's starting to run away with it, so we'll pencil that in for our college draft start. I'll be working this week to get the draft tools ready by this weekend.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Knighty Knight

Post by Knighty Knight »

Just want to throw my opinion out there regarding the time of the draft this year. I was one the of the ones that voted for an earlier start but I think it would be best to delay at least a week. There is a lot of information to be gleaned by allowing the draft to be completed then starting ours especially since we're not seeing these players first hand. I've found it difficult to keep up and feel like we are at a breakneck speed by being delayed just one day from the draft. I haven't had the opportunity to just enjoy watching cause I'm on the site trying to make deals and my own draft plans and contengencies based on whats happening the day before and in our own leagues. I don't know what everyone else thinks but I will be voting for later start dates going forward.

Also seeing where players go and having the full list of drafted players before hand helps me with planning, especially with trading picks in later rounds when I don't know who will possibly fall.

Enough said, happy drafting!
Brian Orr
AFFL New York Giants (48-51)(2-2) 2022, 2023 NFC East Champions
BRFL Washington Commanders (10-7)(0-1)
DFFL Miami Dolphins(103-76)(3-5) 2018 AFC East Champions
JonC

Post by JonC »

Knighty Knight wrote:Just want to throw my opinion out there regarding the time of the draft this year. I was one the of the ones that voted for an earlier start but I think it would be best to delay at least a week. There is a lot of information to be gleaned by allowing the draft to be completed then starting ours especially since we're not seeing these players first hand. I've found it difficult to keep up and feel like we are at a breakneck speed by being delayed just one day from the draft. I haven't had the opportunity to just enjoy watching cause I'm on the site trying to make deals and my own draft plans and contengencies based on whats happening the day before and in our own leagues. I don't know what everyone else thinks but I will be voting for later start dates going forward.

Also seeing where players go and having the full list of drafted players before hand helps me with planning, especially with trading picks in later rounds when I don't know who will possibly fall.

Enough said, happy drafting!
I wondered about this...I don't have a pick until day 3 of our draft, and have been pretty relaxed thus far...but I've seen a ton of traffic on and off the site and quick blips about trades, etc.
DFFL Steelers GM: '13-'22
Regular Season Record: 77-85 (.475)
Division Championships: ’13, ’14, ’19
AFC WC Team: ’20

AFFL Bills GM: '20-?
Regular Season Record: 20-30 (.400)

BRFL Chargers GM: '21-?
Regular Season Record: 17-17 (.500)
AFC WC Team: '22
kevinl

Post by kevinl »

I didn't vote for the early start. I hope people realize that it's not a good idea. It's hard to watch real draft and you don't know who is getting pick by what team. Just my opinion.
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

I enjoy it....you get to watch the full first round and relax just fine
TylerW

Post by TylerW »

I'm fine with the early draft but more so have an issue with the Friday start. Why did everyone want to have round 1 on a weekday...? I know some have jobs that allow them to be on the site but why can't we stick with a Saturday start for round 1 when almost everyone doesn't work?
GM SD Chargers CFFL
Franchise Record: 72-23-1 (Playoffs: 4-5)
-2008,2009,2010,2011,2013 AFC West Division Champions
-2008 AFC Champions
GM NY Giants AFFL
Franchise Record: 4-44