down time

jerrydlux

down time

Post by jerrydlux »

has there ever been discussion on how to make this down time not so long? Feels like GMs could lose interest and just let a team go.

I have no suggestions as to what would help, just wondering.
Strategist

Re: down time

Post by Strategist »

I would suggest not trying to rush the draft. I know their are a lot of guys on here that love the draft. That is one of the best features here. Why are we trying to rush it? In baseball we do 5 picks a day during the Offseason. It would also help with trading during the draft. Several times I was interested in trading and the guys never even got on and read my mail before their pick.
DFFL - DAL 09-20: 113-63 .642 (6-5) 3X DIV Champs. 6 Playoff apps. DFFL Bowl I Champs
CFFL - NYG 10-12: 34-13-1 .708
AFFL - WAS 13-19: 53-59 .473 (5-3) '14, '15, & '17 Div, '17 AFC Champs
FFFL - PIT 16-17: 45-19 .703 (3-3) '16-18 Div, 16' AFC Champs
jerrydlux

Post by jerrydlux »

decent thought. i know there is some lag with running the sims which i know is another thing we dont have to be up to date on in real life. our SB could be in April... just something so the time away doesnt get too long.

i know some guys have been here since inception and probably arent going anywhere but some of us lose interest (not me, still check everyday just to see if anything has happened!) especially since it is a new format to fantasy football.
tino38

Post by tino38 »

This was never designed to be a deal where every week something new was taking place. It is designed for people to be away for weeks at a time and come back and still be able to run their team. I personally always go away for at least a couple weeks after the craziness of the offseason is done with. In the past I've went away for close to a month. If guys are leaving because they are losing interest then I would venture to guess that those guys would not be sticking around very long anyways.
BRFL Saints (31-20) (3-0)
- NFCS Champ: 23’
- NFC Champ: 23’
- SB Champ 23’
AFFL Patriots (97-82) (8-4)
-AFCE Champ: 16', 22’, 23’
-AFC Champ: 22’
-SB Champ: 22’
DFFL Jets - SB Champ 21’ & 22’
FFFL Jets - SB Champ 17’ & 18’
whteshark

Post by whteshark »

I say good riddance to anybody who leaves their team--when we have recruits clamoring to get in--because it's boring over the summer. It's always been this way and I have been here since day 1.

I personally enjoy the calm before the storm that is the season.
Regular Season: 161-79-1
Playoff Appearances: 10 of 16
Division Titles: 9
Conference Titles: 5
Playoffs: 17-7
AFFL Bowls: 3-2

AFFL Bowl I Winner
AFFL Bowl IV Winner
AFFL Bowl VIII Winner
jerrydlux

Post by jerrydlux »

I dont feel like the season is really "the storm" for there to be a calm before it. There is a lot that goes on in the NFL during the offseason and people who are not active really take away from the league. Not saying there needs to be something everyday but people should be checking in more often. Or else a team turns into Oakland in the CFFL and has 41 players and 67mil in cap space. And Chicago will probably come in and take his draft picks off his hands too...
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

whteshark wrote:I say good riddance to anybody who leaves their team--when we have recruits clamoring to get in--because it's boring over the summer. It's always been this way and I have been here since day 1.

I personally enjoy the calm before the storm that is the season.

yeah it is a nice relaxing time of the year
rabbitrun

Post by rabbitrun »

jerrydlux wrote:I dont feel like the season is really "the storm" for there to be a calm before it. There is a lot that goes on in the NFL during the offseason and people who are not active really take away from the league. Not saying there needs to be something everyday but people should be checking in more often. Or else a team turns into Oakland in the CFFL and has 41 players and 67mil in cap space. And Chicago will probably come in and take his draft picks off his hands too...
Have issues with how I have built my team?
NO GM-AFFL
TB GM-DFFL
2017 CFFL Super Bowl Champion-Bears
jerrydlux

Post by jerrydlux »

rabbitrun wrote:
jerrydlux wrote:I dont feel like the season is really "the storm" for there to be a calm before it. There is a lot that goes on in the NFL during the offseason and people who are not active really take away from the league. Not saying there needs to be something everyday but people should be checking in more often. Or else a team turns into Oakland in the CFFL and has 41 players and 67mil in cap space. And Chicago will probably come in and take his draft picks off his hands too...
Have issues with how I have built my team?

sarcasm
stevebarrett24

Post by stevebarrett24 »

I agree with this I think a round a day could be good enough not slow it down to much but spread it out so you have more time to trade up if you want to.
Strategist wrote:I would suggest not trying to rush the draft. I know their are a lot of guys on here that love the draft. That is one of the best features here. Why are we trying to rush it? In baseball we do 5 picks a day during the Offseason. It would also help with trading during the draft. Several times I was interested in trading and the guys never even got on and read my mail before their pick.
DFFL-TITANS 111-17 15-6 126-23
13 10-6 WC (0-1)
14 14-2 DIV CHAMPS 2-1 R-UP OT
15 13-3 DIV CHAMPS 3-0 CHAMPS
16 14-2 DIV CHAMPS 2-1 R-UP
17 15-1 DIV CHAMPS 2-1 R-UP
18 13-3 DIV CHAMPS 1-1
19 16-0 DIV CHAMPS 3-0 CHAMPS
20 16-0 DIV CHAMPS 2-1 R-UP