This Season and Beyond

JonC

Re: This Season and Beyond

Post by JonC »

I'm glad there are some guys able to help you out commish. It's a truckload of work even for three-four people.

Baby two is scheduled to arrive in less than four weeks, and our 19 month old is experimenting with telling us 'no' all the time. Any volunteers???
DFFL Steelers GM: '13-'22
Regular Season Record: 77-85 (.475)
Division Championships: ’13, ’14, ’19
AFC WC Team: ’20

AFFL Bills GM: '20-?
Regular Season Record: 20-30 (.400)

BRFL Chargers GM: '21-?
Regular Season Record: 17-17 (.500)
AFC WC Team: '22
Chad55

Post by Chad55 »

I consider myself a FanGm "junkie"...I have to constantly have my fix lol by looking at scores or tinkering with my lineup's in anway necessary. This year however, has been very frustrating. The NFL FA starts tomorrow, and we are still in the Divisional round of our sims! I'm sorry if this ruffles feather's, but I guess I just have to vent.
AFFL-Cleveland Browns
-2013 AFC North Champs
-2014 AFC North Champs
-2016 AFC North Champs
-2018 AFC North Champs
-2020 AFC North Champs

FFFL Jacksonville
-2021 Super Bowl Champs
-2022 AFC Champs
*Retired after 2022 season*
whteshark

Post by whteshark »

Chad55 wrote:I consider myself a FanGm "junkie"...I have to constantly have my fix lol by looking at scores or tinkering with my lineup's in anway necessary. This year however, has been very frustrating. The NFL FA starts tomorrow, and we are still in the Divisional round of our sims! I'm sorry if this ruffles feather's, but I guess I just have to vent.

I have to agree with this post. This post season has been frustrating.

Is there anything we can do as GM's to catch us up on the stat's side of things, I wonder, so we can finish up the season?

I know Goodell is busy but maybe we get him the information he needs so we can sim the games.
Regular Season: 161-79-1
Playoff Appearances: 10 of 16
Division Titles: 9
Conference Titles: 5
Playoffs: 17-7
AFFL Bowls: 3-2

AFFL Bowl I Winner
AFFL Bowl IV Winner
AFFL Bowl VIII Winner
Aftermath2531

Post by Aftermath2531 »

I have to agree.... I think that the number 1 priority as a league this off season should be to create structure and proper delegation to assure that the league progresses forward for years to come. This season has been very frustrating and it feels like all momentum and excitement that was created early on is gone. For the diehards this is just a bump in the road but for new owners and fringe GMs there commitment has been tested. In know way are these posts negative shots but more of a showing of support and commitment to the league. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.
Car(DFFL)6-6
'14 5-11
'15 13-3 Div/NFC
'16 13-3 Div
'17 12-4
'18 12-4
'19 9-7
'20 11-5
'21 14-3 Div
Ten(FFFL)8-5
'16 14-2
'17 13-3 Div
'18 12-4 Div
'19 12-4
'20 15-1 Div/SB
'21 14-3 Div
Ten(AFFL)5-1
'19 6-10
'20 11-5 SB
'21 12-5
Cle(CFFL)1-1
'21 11-6
Shagg

Post by Shagg »

Agreed it is frustrating love this league but we are way way behind every year it seems.
E.G.K
Detroit Lions General Manager-AFFL
MSN Messenger:AFFLDetroitLions@hotmail.com:
YIM: shagg07
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

I love this league, and the work Troy has put into it is very much appreciated.

However, for years we have these very same issues. It seems to me that Troy prefers to do everything himself, and it often gets us way behind the 8 Ball.

Now, I know the general argument is the NFL offseason is super long, so it shouldn't matter, but what I hate about being way behind is we often have our rosters locked out during the season instead of being able to move freely with our depth charts and trades.

I also feel like our FA and draft should come close to mirroring the NFL's. Maybe not the exact same schedule, but during the time frame when this is going on IRL, we're at least preparing for it here to do ours shortly afterwards.

Afterall, especially where the draft is concerned, this is the time when the information is the freshest, and most up to date.

In the future, I'd much prefer that we could sim on a regular schedule. Let's say Tuesdays or Wednesdays every week as an example. Then, we'd have the rest of the week up till Sunday to work on our rosters, except for those pesky Thursday games.

Going weeks without a sim, or not knowing if we're going to have a sim 2 months after the fact, is definitely frustrating to say the least.

Again, I appreciate all that Troy does for us in these leagues, but lighten the load, and give up some of that control, my man. Or make it more automated so it runs itself.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins