Depth Chart

lucky7jc

Depth Chart

Post by lucky7jc »

I have been unable to adjust my depth chart for a few weeks now. I can never get the Update button at the bottom to show. Just like today after it was announced that the scores were completed, I went to adjust it accordingly and nothing there. After last sim I checked for 2 days and it never updated. Can you look into that or advise? Thanks.
AFFL Champion - 2019
AFC Champion - 2019
Goodell

Re: Depth Chart

Post by Goodell »

lucky7jc wrote:I have been unable to adjust my depth chart for a few weeks now. I can never get the Update button at the bottom to show. Just like today after it was announced that the scores were completed, I went to adjust it accordingly and nothing there. After last sim I checked for 2 days and it never updated. Can you look into that or advise? Thanks.
You can't make changes AFTER a player has already played in an NFL week already knowing the results. If I already know a QB threw 3 interceptions in week 17, I can't change my depth chart to bench him after the fact before we sim our version of week 17. During the regular season, as always, depth chart changes have to be made PRIOR to the associated NFL games that week. During the regular season you can only make a depth chart change if you don't already know the player's results for the upcoming associated sim week's game.

We have been behind, so depth charts have been locked for a while. But on that depth chart page it says:
Depth Charts will be locked just before first NFL games each week. Send PM to Goodell for manual changes involving players who haven't played yet this week only.
So if depth charts are locked (as they have been) you have to send a PM to me BEFORE a player you want to play has played that week. For example, Sunday morning prior to a Sunday afternoon game. We don't allow depth chart changes now, though, for games played weeks ago we already know the results. Teams would have had to send in a depth chart change prior to that NFL week games. Now that the NFL regular season is over, our sim teams can't make regular season changes.

Please everyone be sure to always click on the "view new posts" link at the top of the forum for the latest announcements. The depth charts have come up in conversations over the past few weeks and are usually part of my season update notes. For example: http://www.fangm.com/sportstalk/viewtop ... =10#p14229
Week 9 simmed. Sorry we're behind a bit, as I've been busy + sick the past couple weeks. No promises but I'm hoping to do week 10 this weekend (hopefully unlocking for Sunday morning changes) and get us close to back on track. As always, if depth charts locked and you want to make a depth chart change involving a player who hasn't played yet in a given week send your change via PM to Goodell. You couldn't make a change for week 10 because that's already happened in reality but can PM week 11 changes for games this weekend.
As I noted today in the most recent Season Update post: After our sim regular season is over, I'll unlock depth charts for playoff teams to adjust their lineups for the playoffs ahead.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
lucky7jc

Re: Depth Chart

Post by lucky7jc »

Sorry. I caught myself looking and it didn't jump out at me. With that said, I was just wanting to bench the guys that have been put on IR.
AFFL Champion - 2019
AFC Champion - 2019