2016 Off-Season Update

Goodell

Re: New GMs

Post by Goodell »

With an influx of new candidates on the wait list (thanks for the referrals!), we had a couple GMs with teams in multiple leagues voluntarily give up their additional team to create a couple new openings in the CFFL. Dane88 from DFFL also stepped down. There are still a couple of good candidates on the wait list without a team, so if you have an extra team and wish to open it up for new players to get involved let me know. Thanks!

So we have a few new GMs with Mikeyacco5293 taking over in CFFL BAL, VinolinaPanthers in CFFL DET, and MaxK in DFFL NYG. They were at the top of the GM wait list and ready to go. Welcome!
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Re: New GMs

Post by Goodell »

CFFL champion Zapotek was recently promoted to an AFFL opening with NYJ, and his CFFL IND team has been assigned to new GM KevMonk. We still have a couple of potentially good GMs in waiting on the wait list, but for now all teams are filled and ready for the draft which starts on Friday.

Thanks
Goodell

UDFA

Post by Goodell »

The plan is to add any undrafted free agents who aren't selected in your league draft to the free agency pool tomorrow morning (9AM ET). Just a quick head's up that many teams will see their roster sizes grow significantly after the draft if they had lots of draft selections. The system blocks any new free agency bids for teams who are over their 90 man roster limit.
Adam K

Re: UDFA

Post by Adam K »

Goodell wrote:The plan is to add any undrafted free agents who aren't selected in your league draft to the free agency pool tomorrow morning (9AM ET). Just a quick head's up that many teams will see their roster sizes grow significantly after the draft if they had lots of draft selections. The system blocks any new free agency bids for teams who are over their 90 man roster limit.
Will UDFAs affect our comp picks? I lost some highly rated players and am at the max of 4 - so I have avoiding signing anyone. I know signing up undrafted free agents doesn't affect NFL teams in this way, but know this is the AFFL and it could be different. Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I haven't banked on comp picks like this before. Also, when can we start signing players and not lose our comps?
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

No, the only free agents that impact comp picks are UFAs from other teams with unlimited bidding. If you click details on comp pick chart on homepage it has more, but undrafted free agents from this draft no impact.
Adam K

Post by Adam K »

Goodell wrote:No, the only free agents that impact comp picks are UFAs from other teams with unlimited bidding. If you click details on comp pick chart on homepage it has more, but undrafted free agents from this draft no impact.
Thank you
Goodell

Re: 2016 Off-Season Update

Post by Goodell »

Undrafted players from the recent draft pool are now available in free agency as undrafted free agents. Another reminder that if you're over your 90 man roster limit it will not allow you to bid.

The next big thing happens on June 1st when teams can do unlimited cap hit splits, and our free agency changes to make bidding much more secretive as we head into training camp season.
Last edited by Goodell on Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ulrich82

Post by Ulrich82 »

When do veteran salaries become guaranteed? I thought I remember that happening on June 1 in the past, but we are slightly behind this year.
CFFL SF 49ers since 2010
NFC West Champions: 2011, 2012, 2013 , 2014, 2015
Undefeated 2013-2014 Regular Season

AFFL:
Assistant GM with Car Panthers since 2012
Carolina Panthers GM Since 2014
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Ulrich82 wrote:When do veteran salaries become guaranteed? I thought I remember that happening on June 1 in the past, but we are slightly behind this year.
It's week 1. If a veteran makes your NFL 53 man roster at the start of the season when we sim week 1, then a veteran's salary is guaranteed all season. But they can go through training camp with you and all the way up to 53 man roster cut down dates without guarantee -- just once they make your final roster team and are on your roster week 1, then veterans get their money.
Ulrich82

Post by Ulrich82 »

Oops, right. I think I was thinking roster bonuses which used to lock on June 1. Is this still the case?
CFFL SF 49ers since 2010
NFC West Champions: 2011, 2012, 2013 , 2014, 2015
Undefeated 2013-2014 Regular Season

AFFL:
Assistant GM with Car Panthers since 2012
Carolina Panthers GM Since 2014