2016 Off-Season Update

Onyxgem

Re: 2016 Off-Season Update

Post by Onyxgem »

Aftermath2531 wrote:Maybe I'm alone in this but I couldn't disagree more. We have been playing from behind and pushing things back since last years trade deadline. It may or may not be a direct result for such a high turnover in GMs this off season. When you run things that coincide with the NFL or shortly after you create excitement and interest in the league but when we get behind and push things back you loose all momentum. We just need to set dates for every off-season feature not necessarily in stone and work towards it. This way people have some idea and can plan accordingly. As a result a stronger league and less turnover. I vote we shoot for Monday as I see there's plenty of replacement GMS ready to go. This only leaves draft order, comp picks, and turning on trades. Fingers Crossed!

Agree here 100%
Chad55

Post by Chad55 »

Hey that sounds good to me!
AFFL-Cleveland Browns
-2013 AFC North Champs
-2014 AFC North Champs
-2016 AFC North Champs
-2018 AFC North Champs
-2020 AFC North Champs

FFFL Jacksonville
-2021 Super Bowl Champs
-2022 AFC Champs
*Retired after 2022 season*
Becca

Post by Becca »

Onyxgem wrote:
Aftermath2531 wrote:Maybe I'm alone in this but I couldn't disagree more. We have been playing from behind and pushing things back since last years trade deadline. It may or may not be a direct result for such a high turnover in GMs this off season. When you run things that coincide with the NFL or shortly after you create excitement and interest in the league but when we get behind and push things back you loose all momentum. We just need to set dates for every off-season feature not necessarily in stone and work towards it. This way people have some idea and can plan accordingly. As a result a stronger league and less turnover. I vote we shoot for Monday as I see there's plenty of replacement GMS ready to go. This only leaves draft order, comp picks, and turning on trades. Fingers Crossed!

Agree here 100%
I have only been on here a short time but damn you guys are impatient. I am sure Commissioner Goodell would love to get this up and going as quickly as possible but like most of us who like to have a life, I am sure he is a busy person with a busy life. Holy hell, back off people and go get a beer.
whteshark

Post by whteshark »

Becca wrote:
Onyxgem wrote:

Agree here 100%
I have only been on here a short time but damn you guys are impatient. I am sure Commissioner Goodell would love to get this up and going as quickly as possible but like most of us who like to have a life, I am sure he is a busy person with a busy life. Holy hell, back off people and go get a beer.

Relax, it's a thread and that's why we post here so we can get a general idea of when to start the off season and what's going to work for a majority of the GM's.

And, yes, all the GM's that give a shit are champing at the bit to put their teams together so why not give them a break and you back off if they seem somewhat over eager instead of coming here and posting this self righteous crap.
Regular Season: 161-79-1
Playoff Appearances: 10 of 16
Division Titles: 9
Conference Titles: 5
Playoffs: 17-7
AFFL Bowls: 3-2

AFFL Bowl I Winner
AFFL Bowl IV Winner
AFFL Bowl VIII Winner
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Appreciate all the feedback (and patience). More details on off-season schedule are still to be determined, but hoping to have an update soon once I sort out the openings, etc. Until then, no announcement yet and will update further this week. Thanks
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
kevinl

Post by kevinl »

Women and their drama. Aftermath I agree 100% as well.
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

For those newbies that think some of the vets are impatient. You don't know how long we've already waited, and yet EVERYONE here has a say so in the approximate start times of these very important dates.

That includes yourself, myself, and 94 other GMs (although there are actually less due to GMs have multiple teams).

As has been mentioned already, all we've done this year is continue to push things back. The commish is busy. I get it, but it doesn't make me any more patient just b/c someone says I have to wait longer than we've ever waited in a single season here.

Just my .02
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
tino38

Post by tino38 »

Rowdy bunch in here. I like it :D Better grab some popcorn! Image
BRFL Saints (31-20) (3-0)
- NFCS Champ: 23’
- NFC Champ: 23’
- SB Champ 23’