2016 Off-Season Update

sportznut

Re: 2016 Off-Season Update

Post by sportznut »

Goodell wrote:
sportznut wrote:What's the deadline for option decisions, and along that same regard, are those salaries guaranteed when you accept them, or can those players still be cut down the road without a cap hit for 2017?
Thanks.
5th year options for former first round picks? The automated system for processing those is currently part of the team roster that's active prior to free agency for tagging players, setting RFA tenders, etc. Once free agency starts, that part of the team roster is turned off, so the start of free agency is the deadline.

Their contract is the same as everyone's that can be cut at any time. How first round pick contracts are setup if I recall is that their signing bonus is designed to be used up in the first 4 years, so that the 5th year would just be non-guaranteed salary -- so no cap hit if that player was cut next off-season for example since no signing bonus left.
Okay. Thanks. I couldn't remember how that worked.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

soonertf wrote:Will trades be turned on soon?
What he said.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
robroach

Post by robroach »

Probably just wishful thinking on my part, but maybe we can discuss it again next offseason. :)
Ritz Blitz

Post by Ritz Blitz »

Hey guys I was wondering if yas would be alright with UFA opening up on a weekend day instead of a week day? Work is very busy right now and I personally wouldn't be able to enjoy UFA as much if it started on a week day. Not that big a deal though if it doesn't end up that way. It's not like I have any cap space to do anything anyways. I just want to bid up your players.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Now is a great time if you know somebody who would enjoy our league to point them this way. This upcoming week I'll be focusing on those who haven't checked in yet, and finding GM replacements. Here's what any new candidates have to do.

- Register on the site.
- Once I activate their username, then they should post a message on the GM wait list thread. That's how people get in line for new openings.

Ideally all openings will be filled with new people. That's always the goal, and our only way at the moment to give new people an opportunity. So if you know a football fan who would love it here, point them this way this week. Thanks!
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

sportznut wrote:
What he said.
Since we both got ignored, I assume the answer is not anytime soon! :lol:
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

soonertf wrote:
sportznut wrote:
What he said.
It's more I wasn't going to announce that trades will be available on this date for sure because it's really dependent upon when I can devote a chunk of time toward that and didn't want to say a date I couldn't guarantee. Some of our activities require more work than others to switch from one year to the next. So instead it's what I mentioned before that some functionality has been turned on while we're getting everyone back to check-in, and I'll be working toward other functionality as I can prior to the start of free agency (still TBD). Wanted to do more with that this weekend, but had some house tasks that took up more time and what I put toward here went mostly toward GM replacement efforts as that's more urgent than trades at this moment. When trades will be turned on depends a lot on work. If it's light, they'll be sooner early this week (perhaps even by tonight). If week gets busy, could be later in the week. But I'm hoping for sooner than later, but cannot guarantee an exact date at this time. As always, stay tuned and hit 'view new posts' for future announcements as they develop.
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

You are good. I was just joking with Sport. Thanks for the updated though!
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

soonertf wrote:
sportznut wrote:
What he said.
I've been married nearly 18 years. I'm used to being ignored.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Contract restructurings are now available. Teams get TWO contract restructurings this off-season, and we add another possible restructuring after the regular season starts (for if teams get into a financial bind with injuries during the season and less ways to save cap space in season).

You don't have to restructure any contracts. They essentially cut a player's salary in half this year but adds that salary to the player's last year under contract, and gives them some extra guaranteed signing bonus (either 1-2M depending upon grade) for saving the team money this year. It usually might lead to a player having to be cut a year earlier if you can't afford their last year ballooned salary.

If you see a problem with how it worked for your player's contract, let me know as this script was recently updated to make an easier transition from year to year automatically.