2016 Off-Season Update

Goodell

Re: 2016 Off-Season Update

Post by Goodell »

tino38 wrote:Carolina just rescinded the franchise tag in the NFL on Josh Norman. Does that mean they are still eligible for a compensation pick still for the 2017 draft. He was tagged and never signed the tag, so I would assume yes they still get the pick?
This might be a good example to further emphasize how situations like this work here.

The compensatory picks I've been posting (as well as the NFL's) between the ends of rounds 3 through 7 are only based upon unrestricted free agent (UFA) losses/gains. Tagged players do not factor into those compensation results at all, neither do street free agents let go by other teams.

If that player remained under franchise tag, his team would get compensation if he signed elsewhere but it would be the compensation associated with his tag rules. For franchise tags, his team would get 2 first round picks for him if he signed elsewhere and didn't match. Because the cost is high there, you don't see teams often bidding on non-exclusive franchise tagged players because they'd have to pay a lot and give up a lot of draft picks.

As we don't have real players and real agents who can decide when or if they want to sign the 1-year franchise tag, our sim assumes they sign it immediately upon it being placed on the player and are at that 1-year franchise price deal until a possible offer-sheet signed later to over-write that 1-year franchise tag amount.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Compensatory draft picks for DFFL:
3RD: CHI, MIN, ARI, WAS, ATL
4TH: MIA, NYG, BAL, MIN, BAL, SD, CHI, CHI
5TH: BAL, ARI, BAL, TB, CHI, ARI, NE
6TH: NO, NE, ARI, TB, HOU, NO, CLE, MIA, JAC, SEA, NYG
7TH: KC
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

The full draft order for each league has been uploaded.
http://www.fangm.com/football/draft-picks.php

Let me know if any questions or issues. Thanks!
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Corresponding with the full draft orders being uploaded, the roster pages now show the exact pick overall along with each listed draft pick for the upcoming draft for each team roster.

New teams will start to be set later today (I've already got most of them lined up and ready to go) and trades will also be turned on at some point today barring any issues or disruptions there.
Goodell

New GMs

Post by Goodell »

I wanted to give a thanks to a couple of GMs that alerted me they'd be giving up their team for this season. Dan M (still staying in AFFL), dinkatoid, and Ryan R. Appreciate them letting us know so we could give new GMs an opportunity, and they are welcome back whenever there is an opening.

Speaking of openings, filled six of them today. Joining the CFFL will be warebear52, ActionJackson, bpboguta1483, tjbarnaba, and Tesla_315. Sharkbait is a new addition to the DFFL. There are still just a couple more spots I'll be filling for sure, and I've already talked to several candidates. Probably more candidates than spots left. If you're a new candidate and not on this list, it's probably because I need you to check your messages and get back to me about a few things. We have more than enough new people for spots available at this time. So far I've only replaced GMs who hadn't logged in at all in 2016. There may be some other GMs added to the at-risk or open categories ahead.
Goodell

Re: New GMs

Post by Goodell »

And Joshman0814 for DFFL Arizona.
Goodell

Trading

Post by Goodell »

I believe trading should be working now. Please double-check any early trades you make and let me know if any problems.
rabbitrun

Post by rabbitrun »

Starting next year I would suggest it be strongly considered that all new GM's entering the leagues, have a Goodell approved GM to act as a mentor for them through their first offseason and then at season start they can be released to do as they will.
NO GM-AFFL
TB GM-DFFL
2017 CFFL Super Bowl Champion-Bears
whteshark

Post by whteshark »

rabbitrun wrote:Starting next year I would suggest it be strongly considered that all new GM's entering the leagues, have a Goodell approved GM to act as a mentor for them through their first offseason and then at season start they can be released to do as they will.

Totally disagree. If you need a "nanny" go play Yahoo Fantasy Football. I think trial and error is the best way to learn from your mistakes in this league. Any GM in AFFL can tell you what mistakes they've made through the years and how they learned from it from signing a guy to a big SB that you had to eat at some point (I did this) to over paying for a player that turned out to be crap (I've done this as well).

You want a mentor talk to the GM's around you that have been here for a while. They love talking football and you'll learn a great deal if you're willing to ask questions.

While it can be difficult to build a winning team--if you talk to 32 different GM's you'll get 32 different answers--this isn't exactly rocket science.

If you know football and you know basic math you can run a team.

The bigger question is can you build a winning team.
Regular Season: 161-79-1
Playoff Appearances: 10 of 16
Division Titles: 9
Conference Titles: 5
Playoffs: 17-7
AFFL Bowls: 3-2

AFFL Bowl I Winner
AFFL Bowl IV Winner
AFFL Bowl VIII Winner
Smooth Glitch

Post by Smooth Glitch »