2016 Off-Season Update

Goodell

2016 Off-Season Update

Post by Goodell »

Teams can now check-in for the upcoming season. Please leave a comment if you notice any roster issues, have serious scheduling conflicts in April/May to consider for FA/Draft dates, or if you aren't going to be back next year so we can look for replacements. Now is a great time if you know someone who'd like to play here to have them (a) register on the site and (b) post a message on the waiting list thread to get in line.

In the coming days while teams are checking-in, teams soon should be able to:
- Tag players
- Sign LTC extensions
- Cut/Retire players
- Restructure contracts

You can't do those things quite yet, but hopefully soon in the coming days leading into free agency.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Knighty Knight

Re: 2016 Off-Season Update

Post by Knighty Knight »

I'll be in hiking in the Grand Canyon May 10-15. No access to the inter-webs for those dates, otherwise I can adjust.

Oops. I now see this is not the place for schedule comments.
Brian Orr
AFFL New York Giants (48-51)(2-2) 2022, 2023 NFC East Champions
BRFL Washington Commanders (10-7)(0-1)
DFFL Miami Dolphins(103-76)(3-5) 2018 AFC East Champions
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

I know everyone likes the draft to coincide with the NFL Draft but I just don't see that being possible this year. I would suggest we start free agency around April 24th or May 1st, which would give time for GMs to check in and figure out their tags. Then I think it'd be silly to run FA same time as draft so you need at least 2-3 weeks. So that would put draft around may 15th or May 22nd start time. Not idea but it might be our only option at this point
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Some roster transactions have been unlocked. You should now be able to:

- Tag players & set RFA compensation (bottom of team roster page)
- Pickup former first round pick 5th year options if applicable (bottom of team roster)
- Sign LTC extensions (LTC link at top of team roster page)
- Cut/Retire players

I have done some of these actions myself and seem to work but not all of them in my team situation, so if you notice a problem let me know. I'll work to have more functionality available this weekend.

Remember, you can sign TWO long-term contracts per team now, so check those before you tag a player. Franchise or transition tagging is only for elite top 5/10 players at their positions with NFL set elite salary figures. With exclusive franchise tagging (without any bidding) you can automatically extend that into a long-term agreement at the franchise tag price. For non-exclusive tags, you have matching rights and get 2 first round picks as compensation if don't match. Transition tagged players are just rights to match a contract with no compensation.

Don't cut any UFA (unrestricted free agents) as you'll lose both your unlimited bidding rights as well as they won't count toward free agency loss compensation.

If you know a player should be eligible for retirement (as he retired from NFL in reality) but don't see that link next to their name, you can click on their name and submit a suggestion. I need everyone's help keeping up with transactions, so that's a way you can let me know a guy should be eligible to be retired if I haven't marked it yet. I just see that suggestion, review, and approve it or not to make them that suggested status.

Let me know if any questions.

Thanks
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

Will trades be turned on soon?
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
jerrydlux

Post by jerrydlux »

Salary comparisons - is it possible to have a page that shows the top salaries at a position along with their grade? Maybe the top 10 or so? That way we can have a quick reference when making bids on players and deciding whether or proposed deals are realistic to other players in our league or if someone is just going off the deep end to get a player? Looking forward to the craziness to begin...good luck everyone
robroach

Post by robroach »

I thought we voted to allow for more carryover cap this year. It seems we talked about increasing it to 10 million. :(
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

robroach wrote:I thought we voted to allow for more carryover cap this year. It seems we talked about increasing it to 10 million. :(
Do you have a link? Unless I'm forgetting or not seeing it, the last time we did a poll on that it was widely rejected to increase that. http://www.fangm.com/sportstalk/viewtop ... f=7&t=1034

I'm personally not opposed to it going up, but don't think we did any polls on that this off-season mostly based upon them being widely rejected previously.
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

What's the deadline for option decisions, and along that same regard, are those salaries guaranteed when you accept them, or can those players still be cut down the road without a cap hit for 2017?
Thanks.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

sportznut wrote:What's the deadline for option decisions, and along that same regard, are those salaries guaranteed when you accept them, or can those players still be cut down the road without a cap hit for 2017?
Thanks.
5th year options for former first round picks? The automated system for processing those is currently part of the team roster that's active prior to free agency for tagging players, setting RFA tenders, etc. Once free agency starts, that part of the team roster is turned off, so the start of free agency is the deadline.

Their contract is the same as everyone's that can be cut at any time. How first round pick contracts are setup if I recall is that their signing bonus is designed to be used up in the first 4 years, so that the 5th year would just be non-guaranteed salary -- so no cap hit if that player was cut next off-season for example since no signing bonus left.