2016 DATES: Draft

When would you prefer the college draft take place?

Friday 5/27 PM - Monday 5/30
79%
Monday 5/30 PM - Thursday 6/2
16%
Tuesday 5/31 - Friday 6/3
5%
Saturday 6/18 - Tuesday 6/21
No votes

Total votes: 43

sportznut

Re: 2016 DATES: Draft

Post by sportznut »

bpboguta1483 wrote:I like the fact that the draft is spread out over a couple of days instead of trying to cram 7 rounds in one day, as much as I like preparing for the draft, it would make for a long day, plus you don't have to worry so much about queing a ton of players if you can't be available for the entire day.
It goes without saying, we all have jobs and responsibilities outside of being a fake GM. I've always been a proponent of having more picks due during the weekends, and some sort of autopick feature for those who know they won't be around.

Either way though, it is good that its spread out, people have a time slot, and you have the ability to move around the draft as well.

I know this is your first draft experience. You're going to love it. Sometimes the anticipation sucks, but if you like to move up or down in the draft, you should try to be "live" for the draft as much as you can.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
bpboguta1483

Post by bpboguta1483 »

I can be available in the mornings and early afternoons, but once 2 pm hits on the west coast, it's off to work, and when you work in a remote area like Big Sur, CA where the internet connection is basically non existent, it can really suck, but we make the best of it.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

CONCLUSION: With our original Friday 5/27 date still the most popular draft start date choice, we'll begin the draft this Friday.

Day 1 on Friday will be just round 1, with 15 minutes per pick. Day 2 will be rounds 2-3, with 10 minute draft windows for all other rounds. Day 3 have rounds 4-5, with us finishing up on Monday with rounds 6-7.

Based upon some comments in the past during the draft and to ensure we don't have as extreme times for late night picks, we shaved a little bit of time off the pick windows (from 12 minutes previously to 10 minutes for later round picks) which should keep things moving a little more and not have picks being generally too early or too late in the day as sometimes happened in the past.

You should be able to see your exact pick times on your draft page now, so you can plan ahead. If you cannot be there for your pick at that time (10-15 minutes before that time is when your pick window starts), make sure you have enough players in your pick queue at that time so your top ranked player available gets selected for you. If you have no players left in your pick queue and not there to pick, you'd get the highest available player from NFL draft order. You can also work trades to move up or down, both for value and for your own convenience knowing when picks are scheduled to be made. Let me know if any questions.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Zapotek

Post by Zapotek »

Hi Commish,

The ET time zone - is that Eastern Time, ie -5 hours UTC (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Time_Zone) ?

Thanks.
Manager of AFFL NYJ and FFFL CLE since before the 2016 draft.

CFFL IND: Took control after 2011 draft, relinquished after winning 2013 and 2015 season SB.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Zapotek wrote:Hi Commish,

The ET time zone - is that Eastern Time, ie -5 hours UTC (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Time_Zone) ?

Thanks.
Yes. When the draft is turned on it will show how many minutes until the next pick if there is any confusion on that.

As I type this, it is 11:00 PM Mountain Time where I sit. That's 1:00 AM Eastern Time in New York, the time zone of the quoted draft pick times.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Zapotek

Post by Zapotek »

Nice, 14-hour differential it is. Thanks for the assist, just making sure I don't get up an hour after the fact to try to make a pick :lol:
Manager of AFFL NYJ and FFFL CLE since before the 2016 draft.

CFFL IND: Took control after 2011 draft, relinquished after winning 2013 and 2015 season SB.