New Leagues (EFFL & FFFL)

kevinl

Re: New Leagues (EFFL & FFFL)

Post by kevinl »

We will draft either August 20 or 27.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Check your league forum for draft date announcements (drafting soon!). Teams already can start loading up their player ranking queues. I'll have updated pick windows soon.

Thought I could get all the team finances done this weekend, but ran into some issues. However, I'm pretty close and just tweaking some of the results before uploading. Hope to Monday night.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Much of the player data for the new EFFL/FFFL leagues has been uploaded. This is just preliminary data. I'm still doing some checks, and still have to add some team cap figures to simulate reality with inherited dead money, carried over money, and other cap figures. I'll also be adding some of the players that weren't in our system yet to the data.

So these are not the final rosters yet, and the available cap per team will change greatly as I make final adjustments to replicate the NFL team situations.

You'll only have NFL veterans, no rookies. Rookies will be in the college draft upcoming. If you notice a key veteran missing from your quad or something that seems odd, send me a PM. Also send me a note if you see a big financial mistake for a player (over $2M+ off as these are just approximations and cannot nit-pick down to the penny on hundreds of players). It was difficult to put all the finances together through piecing various different sources together and adjusted to fit our structures, so these are approximations of the real NFL contracts for our setup.

My hope is to make the necessary cap tweaks this week, give teams a couple days to look at the rosters, and then lock the final rosters down on Friday as we start to activate league activities.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Just FYI if you're curious or looking deeper into your new uploaded roster figures to know where much of the info is coming from...

We utilized sites like spotrac.com to cross-check our info with a focus primarily on matching the reported cap hit value for players in the NFL now versus what we were piecing together for our financial structure here. Outside of a couple exceptions with more odd contracts, 99% of the players should all be within 1M or so of the reported cap hit value in the NFL compared to what they count against our cap here.
Testa_315

Post by Testa_315 »

I know the leagues have been filled, but I just thought I throw it out there that if any team in the EFFL becomes available before the season, I'd be thrilled to take on another team/league! I'm the current owner of the CFFL Steelers, and I think I can handle two teams, plus I'd like to prove myself in order to hopefully make it to the AFFL one day!

Thanks,

Testa
“If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream.”
-- Deion Sanders
stevebarrett24

Post by stevebarrett24 »

I was just wondering if 2017 draft picks will be available before or during the 2016 draft, just in case somebody wants to either move some 2016 picks for 2017 or vice versa
DFFL-TITANS 111-17 15-6 126-23
13 10-6 WC (0-1)
14 14-2 DIV CHAMPS 2-1 R-UP OT
15 13-3 DIV CHAMPS 3-0 CHAMPS
16 14-2 DIV CHAMPS 2-1 R-UP
17 15-1 DIV CHAMPS 2-1 R-UP
18 13-3 DIV CHAMPS 1-1
19 16-0 DIV CHAMPS 3-0 CHAMPS
20 16-0 DIV CHAMPS 2-1 R-UP
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

stevebarrett24 wrote:I was just wondering if 2017 draft picks will be available before or during the 2016 draft, just in case somebody wants to either move some 2016 picks for 2017 or vice versa
That's on my list of priorities before the draft, so should be.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

I need to do a little double-checking still, but on first glance checking a couple of teams it appears I have the finances mostly as I want them now. Here's what we did in setting up the league finances if you're wondering.

The goal was to get our sim teams to match up to their NFL roster/salary cap situation. We used where real teams stand right now against the cap (via spotrac.com) as the end point to work toward putting our sim teams in that same realistic situation. We want our new sim teams to start in the same place as their mirrored NFL team.

Reported dead money for NFL teams (usually when a player is cut/trade while still having signing bonus money not accounted for yet) and reported carry over funds from previous years was researched and added to the bottom of your team rosters in the cap hits area. You'll likely be racking up more cap hits during the season as you cut/trade players with signing bonus money left. All teams across all leagues get 2M taken from their cap equally for an estimated cost toward practice squad salaries and various bonuses since those count toward real cap. We just estimate those and give one universal number for everyone equally every year. The other cap hit figure listed now is for a mathematical adjustment made so that our figures end up looking like how they should look to simulate how the NFL team currently sits against their cap.

This is the only year most of those figures will appear on your team roster as we try to setup our finances to match reality. From here on out, how much unused salary cap you carry over to the next year (we cap ours here at 5M per year by the way) and how much dead money you have depend entirely upon your own sim moves here and not what your NFL team does.

The one difference between where our sim teams stand now and where the NFL teams are is that the NFL teams already have their rookies under contract for the most part, and those rookie deals factor into where the NFL team sits against the cap now. Of course we haven't had our college draft yet, so I used the estimated cap value for your inherited draft picks when factoring in our adjustment to reality.

If you see your available cap space and subtract the estimated rookie values listed, that should give you a cap figure that matches where your real NFL team is now against the real cap.

We'll do a little more tweaking and adding 2017 picks, etc. but I expect we'll be on schedule to turn on some of the roster management tools and finalize finances tomorrow. Let me know if any questions or concerns before we finalize team finances. Thanks!