Madden 17 Ratings

Knighty Knight

Re: Madden 17 Ratings

Post by Knighty Knight »

Week 1 Update:

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/new ... k-1-update

All changes can be viewed in their player database now by checking Big Movers as a filter.

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/pla ... ating:DESC
Brian Orr
AFFL New York Giants (48-51)(2-2) 2022, 2023 NFC East Champions
BRFL Washington Commanders (10-7)(0-1)
DFFL Miami Dolphins(103-76)(3-5) 2018 AFC East Champions
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Knighty Knight wrote:Week 1 Update:

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/new ... k-1-update

All changes can be viewed in their player database now by checking Big Movers as a filter.

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/pla ... ating:DESC
Updated, but more labor-intensive than usual updating one person at a time manually from the big movers filter for week 1. If people come across spreadsheets of the weekly updates going forward (as we've had in the past) that would be great to share. thanks
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Fish

Post by Fish »

By updated, the leagues are updated?

Eli Rodgers is still a NA, but I think he got a 68. Is the "Big Movers" all encomposing? The little I looked at the site it seemed it was missing some from week 1.
EFFL - Steelers
Record - 42-9
2017 EFFL Champions

stevebarrett24

Post by stevebarrett24 »

Fish wrote:By updated, the leagues are updated?

Eli Rodgers is still a NA, but I think he got a 68. Is the "Big Movers" all encomposing? The little I looked at the site it seemed it was missing some from week 1.

I already sent Goodell an e-mail, but the problem is every player who had no rating when the game 1ST came out will not be on the biggest movers list because they had no initial grade so they had no room to move. Basically we will have to go team by team or search each player by name to add ratings to all the players that didn't have grades initially. The majority of these players are free agents who signed during training camps and undrafted free agents but there are a few players like Eli who Madden saw not making the team and didn't bother making them in the 1st place, I'm assuming. This is probably the only Week we will have this problem because very few players will be added from here on out. In years past they provided a spreadsheet that showed every player that was either added or had a rating change, so that was a lot easier to work with I am assuming.
DFFL-TITANS 111-17 15-6 126-23
13 10-6 WC (0-1)
14 14-2 DIV CHAMPS 2-1 R-UP OT
15 13-3 DIV CHAMPS 3-0 CHAMPS
16 14-2 DIV CHAMPS 2-1 R-UP
17 15-1 DIV CHAMPS 2-1 R-UP
18 13-3 DIV CHAMPS 1-1
19 16-0 DIV CHAMPS 3-0 CHAMPS
20 16-0 DIV CHAMPS 2-1 R-UP
Fish

Post by Fish »

Yeah I was worried about something like that. On out of town on business so a bit limited, but did that site with the Google doc update their ratings?

Is there any way to possibly pull the ratings in automatically from the EA site?
EFFL - Steelers
Record - 42-9
2017 EFFL Champions

bpboguta1483

Post by bpboguta1483 »

I looked on the Madden site but didn't see anything about a spreadsheet. I saw a couple of Google Docs with the beginning of the year ratings, but none of them had the week 1 updates. There is a question that I have, will all the players get weekly updates, or just the big movers? I was interested to see how that works.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Thank you for bringing this to attention, and I understand the concerns. Although it makes things more difficult than it's been in past years, I believe I've found a way through several trial and error attempts and testing various tools/methods to include more if not all of the updated information. I'll be working that through in hopes we'll still be able to sim our week 1 tomorrow, and include a larger update of more player grade updates.

If most of the players who wouldn't have gotten updated were some of the lower graded players on rosters as it sounds, most of the low rated players usually have no immediate impact on weekly game play. Only the starting top players (and top backup) across a team's offensive line, receivers, or defenders impact the game play here. Whether a 4th string offensive guard has a 0 or 50 grade, most likely has no impact on the current week's sim results if that player isn't among the top lineman making up the starting OL grade average.

However, as it may impact some other players or teams more than others (especially as injuries become more of an issue as the season progresses) and as we've come across some methods that may work, we'll work to include as many grade updates as we can before simming without delaying it too much.

On a larger point about grades... We have always used the current grade source because it has been the most updated, publicly available, most reliable from year to year, and a free source of posted information for our free, for-fun league. However, we go through a process of converting one source of data to our own custom grade scale to maintain that independence and flexibility here. There is no guarantee that how grades were done in the past, or how often resources published public updates, or how easy they make it to utilize that information, won't change at any time in large part because those resources are not within our control.

We control what we can control, and the league makes decisions about what it feels is best at any particular time or given circumstance. The league has it's own grade scale with some of these possibilities in mind. We use the current public resources because in the past it has been beneficial. If that changes, the league may change and adjust as deemed most beneficial for continuing league operations. Some thoughts on that have been discussed in past off-season rule discussion sessions over the years.

From a team perspective, just know that the league will attempt to maintain the status quo and familiar methods regarding player grades as that remains possible (or better free/public alternatives aren't available). But if situations cause changes, the league will one way or another continue to provide as best it can an objective grading method.

For now, things have changed, but I think we'll still be able to proceed mostly as expected and done previously. It's possible if spreadsheets aren't available ahead and new methods are more time consuming that we may update less frequently (every other week or monthly), but we'll be working toward comprehensive weekly updates if possible.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Fish

Post by Fish »

Just so I understand better...

Yes Eli Rodgers at 68 is the 5th best WR on my roster, but I planned to start him because of his role on a potent passing offense in RL and my understanding that skilled players (and defensive players to a lesser extent) with good RL performance receive an uptick in the actual sim. For arguments sake, if Rodgers had a 150+ yard, 2-3 TD flperformanve would he still sit the bench even though I have him in my starting lineup?

It may not matter this week as Wheaton was out making Eli 4th and at least in the grade, but I'm still struggling a bit with how exactly the hybrid system works and how much control we as the GM have. Feel free to answer in PM offline if this would derail the overall thread about Madden ratings.
EFFL - Steelers
Record - 42-9
2017 EFFL Champions

Fish

Post by Fish »

Also there were smaller updates not reflected on the Big Movers. I had to filter by team to find them all, but doing that 32 times and updating 1 player at a time would suck so hopefully the method you are testing works.

Thanks Troy.
EFFL - Steelers
Record - 42-9
2017 EFFL Champions

lucky7jc

Post by lucky7jc »

Fish wrote:Just so I understand better...

Yes Eli Rodgers at 68 is the 5th best WR on my roster, but I planned to start him because of his role on a potent passing offense in RL and my understanding that skilled players (and defensive players to a lesser extent) with good RL performance receive an uptick in the actual sim. For arguments sake, if Rodgers had a 150+ yard, 2-3 TD flperformanve would he still sit the bench even though I have him in my starting lineup?

It may not matter this week as Wheaton was out making Eli 4th and at least in the grade, but I'm still struggling a bit with how exactly the hybrid system works and how much control we as the GM have. Feel free to answer in PM offline if this would derail the overall thread about Madden ratings.
Your FanGM stats will mimic your Depth Chart settings on here, and combine them with RL updates. It is essentially an algorithm of standards.

For example: Your QB is a big part in the statistics based on his real life output based on secondary, and the ratings of your F7, RB/WR, etc. so if your receiving corps is a 6.1 B level on here, and you're facing a 5.7 C+ Secondary, and you did indeed have him in the WR1, WR2 slot then those numbers would be strongly supportive of your FanGM output. However if you're overall receiving corps is a 5.5 C and you're facing a 6.1 B Secondary then you will not get the output on here.

It will not kill your overall stats, but you'll get either an upgrade or downgrade usually in the +/- 5% range to allow us more realism. It really does mimic a full realism when all things considered, so you more times than not unless your overall team is that good, you will not see fantasy stat lines, but when your player has a down game in real life, you may see better output because of your overall match up.

I think I'm pretty accurate here, anyone else feel free to add in or correct me. I hope that makes sense for you.
AFFL Champion - 2019
AFC Champion - 2019