2016 Season Update

Goodell

Re: 2016 Season Update

Post by Goodell »

Week 9 is simmed. We're at the time of year after the trade deadline where there isn't as much urgency for unlocking the depth charts early since no more trades possible. So weeks may be simmed a little later in the week depending upon my schedule.

However, it is REALLY easy to update your depth chart even if it's locked (if we haven't simmed the last week yet), just like it says on the depth chart page when locked. Just send me a PM with the depth chart change you want to make. You can send me that PM anytime, so whether depth charts locked or not does not impact your ability to make weekly changes. Changes cannot involve players who have already played for that sim week (can't change a player in the depth chart after already knowing his results that week).

Depth charts are unlocked now through Sunday morning.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Week 10 simmed. Sorry behind, but big work project and holidays starting have limited things. Hoping I can knock out another week this weekend and get us close to back on schedule soon.

As always, though, the depth charts being locked DO NOT prevent teams from making changes. You just have to send me a PM to Goodell listing the change you want to make (must be involving a player who hasn't played yet in that given week).
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Week 11 simmed.

As always the depth charts being locked DO NOT prevent teams from making changes. You just have to send me a PM to Goodell listing the change you want to make (must be involving a player who hasn't played yet in that given week).
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Week 12 simmed.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Week 13 simmed.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Week 14 simmed.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Week 15 simmed.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Week 16 has been simmed. Thanks to tino38 who lent a hand with some of the info gathering.

Almost there. Just one week left in the regular season!
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

The regular season is completed as week 17 is simmed. Thanks again to tino38 for assistance. This last week was very difficult for a couple of reasons. The box score source we use with the correct field formatting to upload had their week 17 box scores incomplete for some odd reason so had to piece some other stats together. Also finishing up some huge work projects, but believe I'm freeing up a little there just in time for our playoffs.

Quite a Super Bowl, huh? Let's get to our own. I believe most of the playoff situations across most of the leagues are fairly straight forward with a couple of exceptions, but I'll take my time to post the official playoff seeds and instructions tomorrow.

We'll give teams this week to have everyone back responsive if they have a playoff team, and hopefully can knock out these playoff rounds efficiently once we get going next weekend.

Depth charts are unlocked for playoff teams to make adjustments. We'll turn off free agency signing after Friday night.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Just a quick update for those in the playoffs. I've added the average game for skill position players to the system. Just click on the player's name on your team roster and look at the bottom of the player page for that average game (based upon NFL stats). I'm going to try to also have the multi-game averages appear there also soon, for what a 2nd playoff game average game would be.

Gathering stats for playoffs into our multi-game average spreadsheet was always a ton of manual work and full of complications like players on multiple teams throughout the year, so I went into this season with a different approach for efficiency in mind. Since we've uploaded all the game box scores throughout the season, we have player stats to calculate our own averages from box scores input every week. I also marked any bye-week averages differently in our collected stats data so that our system averages ignore bye averages used and just calculate based upon actual NFL box scores uploaded. Once I can get the system to do the multi-game adjustment itself, it'll make simming the playoff games much quicker.

PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE?
Some have reported problems with the site recently. I've been far too busy to update any scripts (until I did this update above today), so they haven't changed for a while, but some are reporting issues related to pages not updating. Since not a programming change from me, looking into if hosting company changed anything on server settings or other possibilities. It may just be happening with some browsers based upon my initial discussions, so possibly something those browsers have done in software updates to cache pages so they load faster. Clearing the cache might be something to do on the user end. I'd possibly also recommend using Chrome as a browser if you're having a problem as I use that and don't seem to have the same issues that I've noticed. I'll be looking into it further and seeing if anything that can be done on my side, but I just haven't been able to replicate the same reported problems by some to try to resolve yet.